Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy New Year: A Warning

Brace yourselves. I mean, if you read this blog, which you are. Craig said to me a few days ago, "Our marriage is ending in a few days." No, nothing is on the rocks. January is ICU, February is all nights. I won't bore you with details of what this entails. Just brace yourselves. Prepare perhaps for some heavy posts about the travail of a "single mother".

Or not. Perhaps no bracing of the self will be necessary. Perhaps I will sail through these rough waters with grace and even a bit 'o pizazz! Just maybe I'll be the oh-so-easy-going mom who's normally sensitive skin turns to duck feathers off of which the water will roll. It is possible that I will not collapse in a heap at his feet when Craig graces our door but I will greet him with a hot cup '0 soup, a smile, and a glowing report of the days festivities. Maybe I will meet the constant noise and confusion that three toddlers create in a home with optimistic enthusiasm.

Let's hope for the latter and yet consider ourselves forewarned.

Happy New Year?

PS I'm 22 weeks today. Feeling lots of movement from our sugar baby and bought a sweet pink onesie to celebrate . All is well in utero!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Bad rotations are the worst. Just think you are on the downside. Big hugs to you and yay for the pregnancy going well. I assume no more sickness?

aubrey said...

wow. you are superwoman. pregnant and with three kids, doing it "alone." a lot of my friends have husbands in their last year of residency and it's tough work. i admire you.

rebecca said...

You can do it! A means to an end, an end coming up SO soon for you guys!
22 weeks - congrats!

Rebecca said...

Yes! Self fulfilling prophecy! May it be the later! M

Emily S. said...

It's all about expectations. I always expected the worst (you should too) - and then more often than not - it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Also, your days will be different because you will wake up and not "expect" Daddy to be around so it changes the whole feeling of the day. You'll make it!

Julia said...

Oh Jordan-- good luck. I was just feeling sorry for myself that Eric had a month of Q3 followed by a month of Q2. I can't imagine being a single mom on top of that. I now know why I have put motherhood off for so long.

Since I can't do anything about it, I look forward to evenings alone.

michelle said...

Yes, let's hope for the latter! Blessings should be coming your way to buoy you up during this time. And you're more than halfway through the pregnancy -- woohoo!

Amy said...

It's always good to prep for the possibilities. We'd love to have you guys out to our neck of the woods sometime during your Craig-less cycle! Wishing you the best..