Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Calendar For You?



This is my favorite time keeper. It is The LINNEA POSTER CALENDAR. A different poster for each month. They are illustrated, 11" x 14" posters created in a studio near Lake Washington in Seattle..."where [they] can watch eagles, catch salmon and take long walks in the rain." Wouldn't you love your calendar to come from such a place? I love it because I hang up a new piece of artwork every month on my wall. They are whimsical and designed well and season appropriate.


I use that one for my kitchen. For the wall space above our computer, I just can't find a better-suited-for-me calendar than this. The STENDIG WALL CALENDAR. The only complaint (from Craig) is that the weeks start with Monday (you adjust in time). It is the hugest, greatest calendar. I remember seeing them in our home growing up. Perhaps, for me, that is part of the charm.
Just passing it along, y'all.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love that big calendar. When we get back from our mission I am going to get another one I am always squinting at my little calendar on the wall. Maybe I am showing my age, do you think?

Kurt Knudsen said...

Ah, fond memories of an earlier time.
Love the big black and white graphics.

Jeni said...

I, too would have a problem with the Monday start. It does look cool, but I like to have spaces to write things. Otherwise, what's the point? I can look on my cell phone or laptop for the date if that's all I need. Aaron and I have a long standing tradition of the "reptile" calendar. Last year was frogs; this year was turtles. I'm on the hunt for the 2008 species.

Jeni said...

P.S. Did you use "y'all"?! :)

Katy said...

Those are neat calendars. We use a white board that hangs in our W.C. (usually a good time to check it) and keep all events on it so we know what in the world is going on. I find any calendar I have I don't use on a regular basis, so this has been a good solution for us.

michelle said...

I have one hanging in my kitchen with lots of space for keeping track of things. I would be lost without my calendar. But I would enjoy one with posters created in Seattle!

rebecca said...

Great! I love both, and am looking at a few letterpress ones that change every month, like your Seattle one. The Stendig Wall Calendar has been a favorite of mine, and I really enjoy knowing that your cool parents bought them before they were cool.

aubrey said...

that's where i live! right by lake washington. what gorgeous calendars!

Amy said...

I clicked on & loved the anniversary calendar...I've been meaning to buy one of those forever.

Very cool share..