Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good Morning


Wednesdays are unusual in our house. There is a pinch of consistency in our Wednesdays. Every single Wednesday Craig is gone for "conference" and the kids are home all day. So in order for this day to count on the Good side we need a plan of attack. Also, every Wednesday is the Farmer's Market just down the Freeway from us.

Wednesday + Farmer's Market+ three kids = a Guaranteed Good Morning



And this trip did not disappoint: red baby carrots, finger radishes, bunch of baby arugula, one pomegranate, two heads of garlic, Arkansas black apples, and vine-ripe tomatoes--all organic to boot. See what I mean?

10 comments:

Kurt Knudsen said...

YUM! Wish we had a farmer's market close by. Bon Apetite!

Rebecca said...

Wow! That looks yummy and healthy to boot! Did the kids have fun? Where is the market?
M

Michelle said...

Wow- those carrots look wonderful! I think the turquoise and red will be so wonderful! Oh yes- I just sent an email your way- don't know if the photos will show there are 36!

rebecca said...

A great Wednesday tradition, surely. And I wonder what you will create with your spoils... do share! You are one of my favorite foodie blogs!

Jordan said...

Mom, the market is right next to Trader Joe's along the sidewalk. It is small but I'll take what we can get.

Elizabeth said...

Our market is tomorrow. I wish I could trade some of our tropical fruit for some of your vegetables.

Jeni said...

There's a farmer's market somewhere here...it's NOT the French Quarter Market, but a REAL farmer's market. Lexi and I have yet to visit. Hmmm...maybe next week. Your pic is motivation.

Shannon said...

That must be one nice thing about AZ your farmers market is most likely year round.

Melissa said...

Aren't conferences the worst? Do they really need to me 5 hours long with a lunch....EVERY WEEK!! Ah, well only a few more months. I love the farmers market...you blog always makes me so hungry!

michelle said...

Ooohhhhhh.... jealous!