Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bathtime Retreat


It is rare that Hazel gets the bath to herself. In fact, it is rare that Hazel gets anything to herself. She is constantly getting the third child shove. That is, anytime she approaches her siblings they quickly nudge her out of the way, or shut the door, or snatch the toy out of her hands (Katy, did you experience this phenomenon?)


*Lucy update: She slept through the night last night. I took her to the potty right before we went to bed and she wasn't roused all night--I think (Craig turned on the loud fan above the stove and shut our bedroom door).

7 comments:

Tasha said...

Love the bathtime photos of Hazel! I was just thinking how much more grown up she seemed to me than Evie did at that age and how having siblings vs. being the first/only really changes your reality. She is right in the mix, not missing anything! Evie didn't even crawl until she was 11.5 months old!

SOOOO glad Lucy slept for you last night. I am a big believer in ear plugs! Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

michelle said...

I agree with Tasha -- my niece is an excellent sleeper, my kids have never been good at it. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that my sister is a very heavy sleeper and I wake up at the littlest whimper? The fan/closed door/ear plugs may be your solution.

Amy W. said...

Oh that Hazel has remarkable eyes. And yes, the third child shove is common--but knowing this doesn't make you feel any less bad about it.

Glad to hear Lucy slept through the night. Let's hope for no more 1, 2, 3 hours up. Yikes!

Rebecca said...

Jordan, I love those photos of Hazel. It deserves my desktop of the day! Glad Lucy is letting you get some sleep. MOM

The Original Mangums said...

What a cutie, I am so glad we are finally going to meet this grandchild and spend some time with her. I can't wait to hug all of you!

Kelly said...

These are such great pictures of your happy girl!

Sweet dreams for Lucy, and you.

Heidi said...

A good night's sleep! Yay! I finally had to turn off my baby monitor so I could get a good night's sleep myself. I am a huge fan of white noise!