Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday Waiting


No more naps for Lucy. We will wait until bedtime for her daily slumber. Another change. Without a nap she verges on beastly by 3pm but I can handle 3 hours of that (mainly because she is quite irresistible) when she goes to bed like butter. Not a peep. Seth has always gone to bed smoothly. Waiting for Craig. Their Dad doesn't get in until close to midnight tonight, so I'm going to try and keep myself busy so I'm up for his arrival (I may need to nap around 8)--there's nothing worse than coming home from a trip to a silent dark house. I'm also waiting for the sweater weather to settle in. I've jumped the gun and made myself miserably sweaty. It was 85 degrees in the house today and I broke and turned on the AC. It is honestly too close to November for this sort of nonsense. Am I being irrational, because I feel irrational. They loved Craig of course in NC and now more waiting (for a position to open up).

8 comments:

Jeni said...

If I were dreaming of Seth, I imagine this is what it would look like.

Sara said...

I'm voting for NC! Just a few hours from us. . .we will surely be meeting up on the weekends! Jordan I just read your last few posts and LOVED each of them. You have such a way with words and describing your littles and your life and all the changes, ups, downs and arounds. Oh I miss you and yours. Come east, come east! GREAT photo by the way.

Elizabeth said...

Kai is done with the nap also. So sad. But I have to admit it was nice when he crawled into my lap at 6pm during our post dinner conversation and promptly fell asleep.

Tasha said...

We are getting real close to being done with nap too, for my big girl at least, Stella and I, however, still need one...

I am hoping that things work out perfectly for you, I've always wanted to live in NC for some reason, so please do and I will come visit!

Can't wait to see you, with your AC and all, next week!

Michelle said...

love your perspective in all ways in your post. Just hearing you talk about jumping the gun with sweater wearing makes me scared- Devon's cousin has offered a position for him in Phoenix, a very easy option but the weather- I just can't imagine how I'd make it. I'm wishing North Carolina still would be an option- so beautiful. Good Luck!

michelle said...

It's rough when they give up their naps -- good thing she's irresistible! 85 degrees in the house would make me severely irrational.

merathon said...

i can't remember now how i linked to your site, but i blog-surfed over here and saw that your husband interviewed in NC. i'm not sure exactly what city in NC he's interviewing in, but i'm a SAHM LDS mom in Charlotte and just wanted to let you know that it is fabulous here!

anyway, hope you don't think i'm stalking you, but i've been checking out your blog for the last couple of weeks and somehow feel like we have somethihng in common since i know a ton of people from Provo (including my husband) so i'm sure there is at least ONE common friend between us and it was not long ago that i was running the st. george marathon! good luck with your job search and email me if you have questions about NC!

Amy said...

I love that picture, Jordan! Napping has been done for both of my boys for a few months now. It is truly a sad, sad thing.