Saturday, October 27, 2007

Two Bugs and a Mermaid



I had Lucy lined up to be a giraffe this year. We already had a giraffe costume. She refused so we agreed on a ladybug. When it came down to it she couldn't do that either. Her heart was set on Little Mermaid. It's the only Disney movie we own so I guess she had it coming--or I did. So, when they went on sale 40% off I caved to her delight. So Hazel was Lucy's ladybug--a loose but cute little bug. Seth was thrilled to be a bug--a regular bug--this year again. I was a widow and Craig was Caesar--costumes thrown together 5 minutes before we dashed out the door. The kids are now zonked out way past their bedtimes and Craig and I raided their loot. I found some old school Red Hots and Lemonheads. Yummy.

6 comments:

amy m said...

cute cute family and next year you can add another bug to the list. I'm glad Lucy got her way.

Jeni said...

One question. WHERE did you find that hat at the last minute. I WISH I had fun stuff like that laying around. Hooray for Lucy and the little mermaid. Her and I can sing the songs together at Thanksgiving.

Jordan said...

Jeni, I inherited my grandmother's hat collection, you'll have to come over and play dress up some time!!

Rebecca said...

Why are doing Halloween before Halloween? M

rebecca said...

I read the "widow" before I saw the photo, and just assumed that you were running solo to the ward party! Everyone looks SO cute!

michelle said...

So cute. You and Craig are awesome to come up with costumes like that, and at the last minute, too! The hat is incredible.