Friday, October 26, 2007

Pregnancy Notes: Week 13


You'd think I have a uterus in each thigh (uteri?) the way they are growing. I scoured my closet and put away all slightly-snug-at-all clothes and hung up the maternity wear to de-wrinkle. I don't do the rubber-band-around-the-buttons-on-my-jeans thing. From here on out it is all about comfort and room to breathe. I happily enter the second trimester where the baskets of laundry and sink-loads of dishes don't appear as Mt. Everest only as the ever present piles that they are. Around now I begin to get an itch to rearrange furniture, I don't know why. I am grateful that the bulk of this pregnancy will be spent in the "cool" months of this desert and just as it begins to get too warm the baby will have arrived.

7 comments:

Jeni said...

I think we must be on the same "internet" time. I've seemed to catch your post with 0 comments the past few nights.

rebecca said...

Some perspective and some shrimp, bite-sized and filling. Happy day for you.

Shawna b. said...

Jordan, no one can say it like you! Thank you for always giving me something so enjoyable to read (not that feeling like you have uteri on your thighs is enjoyable!) But your way with words is a treat. Every single time.

S. Schuller said...

I have to agree with Shawna on this one. You have a way with words. I love the picture of the shrimp. Can I ask you a question: How do you do it? Your kids are young, you are expecting a fourth, and you manage to stay sane and still see the world as beautiful and pleasant. How do you do it?

Jordan said...

Sara, I do think the world is beautiful but I feel far far from sane and I don't often use the word "pleasant" to describe my days. We are in survival mode most of the time around here. I am glad you see a bit of saneness in my words, that gives me hope (:

Amy said...

It is perfect timing for an AZ baby. Aidan was born her in July. And I was enormous and miserable.

amy m said...

Ah yes, pregnancy in the winter and the second trimester...a gift. Glad those piles appear smaller today. :)