Sunday, October 28, 2007

Piles

You've heard me talk about them and perhaps wondered, "Isn't she exaggerating about all the 'piles'?"


No. They won't be touched until tomorrow or perhaps not even then, so I snapped some photos of the ones I found today:

This lovely superfluous spot is found just outside the master bathroom (though this bathroom isn't so deserving of the word "master"). First of all, it is good lighting and ventilation for a "blow dry" (which happens pretty much only on Sundays). The little marble shelf shelters our laundry baskets (piles in and of themselves) and some piles of ABF (already-been-folded) laundry were moved four feet from our bed to this spot for some reason. I can't remember what is under the clothes but next to them is a little wooden box that is supposed to house little wooden drawers. It is from IKEA and the little nails are beasts to hammer in and there are about 100 of them. So, I do a few every week or so.
Moving on to our bedroom dresser. There is an ever evolving pile here (so much for my framed photo display/candle effort). Here they are hats in their boxes that I sifted through last night for the sake of a Halloween costume.
Though this is a pile, it is a contained semi-organized pile. My kids take their shoes off and are fairly good about putting them here. It is not neat, but it is the shoe area. It always looks like this unless we are having company (so it pretty much always looks like this).
This is my favorite pile (besides of course three little bodies piled in a wrestling match on top of Craig). It is the bead/ribbon/craft tool pile. It sits on a little desk in the corner of our living room. It gets little attention but is always there ready just in case!

Will you show me your piles?

14 comments:

Jenny Dahl said...

I have piles, oh so many piles. Just when I think I have got them down in size, another day begins and the piles are back to original size. But I don't have a hat box pile. I think I might like one of those. It would mean I have some hats worthy of such a cool box!
Your bugs and the mermaid are darling!

Jason R said...

Let's hear it for the piles!!! We've all gottem too! I need to give you a call and hear about your job search. Can you believe we are at this point? We too are waiting and waiting!

Melissa

Elizabeth said...

Your piles are so pretty. I am serious. Mine are a little scary.

Sara said...

Oh my piles. . .seeing that you too have piles makes feel much better about mine. Will they ever go away? I doubt it. Even at my most organized, after a good thorough clean and de-junking. . .which is something I pride myself on, there is still ALWAYS a pile of something somewhere. Your costumes were so great!

Jenny said...

I always have piles upon piles. I can so relate to your shoe one. We have a similar shelf in our garage. It's so annoying.

Can't wait to see what you came up with from your hat piles for Halloween!

Jenny said...

Ooops I just saw the big reveal below. Love it!!

Michelle said...

Piles are no stranger to our home, I'm constantly moving and organizing piles! Hey by the way I need to email you about Phoenix- I think it's taken the Colorado spot. I have a lot of questions.

Amy said...

I'll have to e-mail a secret picture of my office. It's embarrasing. And laughable. And nearly non-functional. Your piles are looking more tame than some of my mine.

Amy W. said...

Doesn't it feel so good to just come out and let people see your "piles". It's refreshing! My biggest pile--the stack of papers and mail by the phone. Bottomless!

You all look darling in your costumes!!!

rebecca said...

There is something so romantic about a hat box pile... the only hats I own are knit and there are ear flaps involved. I love your tool pile, ready for your hands during a spare minute. Your parents would be proud!

Jeni said...

Jordan, I'm so happy to see that you're human! I thought I was the only person with piles...I NEVER see them in other's people's homes.

Congratulations for joining the Dark Side.

Jordan said...

Jeni, you make me laugh at the fact you are only just now seeing me as human (:

michelle said...

I love this post! I have so many many piles. I attack them regularly, but they seem to breed when my back is turned.

Crystalyn said...

so happy to see i'm not the only one with piles. i have them everywhere and move them into different rooms depending on which rooms i need. visitors? piles go into the bedroom. dave tackled my laundry piles this weekend. now i don't want to do any laundry ever again so that i don't make more "to do laundry piles." hanna already likes going sans clothing...maybe we'll all join her. thank you SO MUCH for sharing this.