Tuesday, October 02, 2007



October's accessories are in full force at our house. Last night we carved, then ate dinner by jack-o-lantern-light on the porch. Seth prayed over the food and asked, "bless that Lucy will like my scary pumpkin and that it will scare her away." They both picked out a face and Craig was our carver. I scooped out the seeds, etc. onto a paper bag out back while Hazel sampled. Lucy yelled, "Hazel's eating the junk!" I saved the seed part of the junk for fresh roasted pepitas spiced with a bit of Tony Cachery's. We even let the kids stay up until 6:30 so they could view the final product in all its spooky glow:








No wonder everyone loves October.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Boo! Halloween was my favorite holiday as a kid! And it look like Seth and Lucy will feel the same way!

rebecca said...

So cute. But 6:30, now Jordan, don't get too crazy!
You crack me up.

Ann said...

Oh, you have inspired me to get going on the Halloween festivities.

Jenny said...

I think ANYTHING tastes good with Tony's. That is a staple in our home.

michelle said...

You let the kids stay up until 6:30? Hilarious. I love roasted pumpkin seeds, but I lack the patience to extract them from all the "junk".

Jill said...

It's hilarious to think of the kids staying up until 6:30, you've got it good Jordan!

The pictures are great, super colorful and festive.

Krista said...

Oh those photos of them with the pumpkins are just darling. Adoring the expressions on each one of them...
And yum! Pepitas!