Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Musings Away

A long day with the kids and with no Craig. The warm fall colors stirred up by a crisp fall breeze smooth over this ache. Missing him. Just got back from a neighborhood walk. Pink, droopy balloons out on one porch signifying a bygone birthday party. Kids tipping each other in a wheelbarrow at the park. A couple and their dogs.

Having a lovely time up here. The company is comforting and easy. Mom's nifty new MacBook Pro with wireless everything is super sexy and calling my name. A laptop...hmm, anything that facilitates more time in bed.

Our last activity tonight was lounging and not-so-lounging in the cool cool grass out front. We rolled around and took turns being the "bad guy" and, as Lucy added, the "happy bad guy" (aka good guy). Hazel ate dead flower buds and loose rocks while Seth piled fistfuls of grass onto our heads. A warm bath topped us off. Enter my walk. Now, to read? Bake some scones? Play a game? Flop in front of the TV? or go out on the town for some wild crazy fun--in Provo? You'll never know.

15 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds grand to me.(minus without Craig) Doug keeps ho humming the mac laptop. The price tag is what kills you. Enjoy the rest of your visit! When do you head home?

Shannon said...

Are you Blue?

Amy said...

So glad you're enjoying your visit. Will you love it any more if I tell you it was 96 degrees yesterday?! That simply should not be.

Elizabeth said...

I am glad you are able to relax some. And cool down.

rebecca said...

I'm glad to hear that your time has been "lovely" and has given you cause to muse away.
Good to hear a snippet from you!

Katy said...

There's always the oh-so-eventful tunnel singing--You could certainly still pass as a zoobie!

Jordan said...

I don't know, Katy, the other night during a rousing game of scum, I was grouped in with the "old fogies". Hmmm...

Jenny Dahl said...

Hope you get to do it all. Scones, games, books, but do try not to go too "crazy" in Provo.

Jeni said...

Laptops are nice...I snuggle in bed with Aaron's sometimes. Wireless is great. We couldn't live without our router.

Shawna B. said...

I say, DO IT ALL! Love the picture - so creative. I can almost smell that cool, green grass! James Taylor has a song called "September Grass" that I know you'd love, and even though it's October, the tune is still very fitting. :0 Give it a listen on the Mac Book!

kristi brooke said...

hey congrats on the new baby - how did i miss this exciting news for you!! so great.

Kelly said...

Glad you are having a good visit to some real fall (except for the missing Craig part). It's way too wet here to do any grass rolling or flower bud eating -- the rain came a month early, it seems!

Katy said...

Hey, we're all for laptops 'round here. You don't need a "station" just for the computer. Instead you can put your sewing machine up!!! ;)

amy m said...

I am always blue when away for too long, I guess I know my place, the place I want to be.

I can tell you've been playing with a mac and you know that has got to count for something. I must say I am a bit sad you're already home and I didn't see you while on this adventure. Perhaps next time lunch/dinner in provo?

michelle said...

September Grass, so fitting. If playing scum makes you an old fogie, then I guess I'm in with that group as well, I love that game! And making scones. And being in bed. A laptop would make blogging sooooo nice.