Monday, October 22, 2007

Angles and Changes

Or rather...the Angles Are Always Changing. There will never really be a repose, will there? Adjusting, we are. Somedays to good, some days to bad changes. The bad changes are 100% of the time my mood swings. All other change is good. The good changes, of late, are as follows (one for each member):




1. Less cash flow on those expensive "catch flows" (aka nappies, aka diapers). Lucy is potty trained. She announces this to everyone and they share in her delight. It was so easy. She is even waking up dry. Life is beautiful with underwear.

2. Even less cash flow on stinky powder nutrition for Hazey (Lucy's latest nickname for her lil' sis) She is officially on milk. Don't tell my ped but we just let her drink what we drink, bagging the whole stuff. It is organic--bonus points? It took her a few days to warm up to this new beverage and we have to get it nice and warm, but she's chugging like the olden days once again and I am happy.

3. Now that the queasy-jeebies have subsided somewhat I'm back in the saddle again. We made our first return trip to the YMCA this afternoon and I spent an hour jiggling the stuff that went soft after taking nearly two months off. Geez! This is a very good change.

4. Seth got a short Fall haircut by me. During the trimming portion he warned, "Mom, careful your cutting your finger." I assured him I was not. It was sad to see that last of his summer blonde sitting at the bottom of the trash can.
5. Not to be left out, Craig flies away from us tomorrow for his first "official" job interview (I just got butterflies writing that). Geez.

10 comments:

The Original Mangums said...

Change is good, or so I am told; yours are all good! Lucy, I am proud of you! Seth, love your haircut! Hazey, let the good times roll! Jordan, Glad you are "back in the saddle and feeling better! Craig - "GOOD LUCK", we are proud of you! Love you all, Mom & Dad M, Nana & Papa

michelle said...

I don't believe I have ever heard a mother say "It was so easy" about potty training! What a blessing! Good luck to Craig -- are you going to reveal the location of the interview?

Heidi said...

John John trained in four hours! Lauren in one day (How to Potty Train Your Child in a Day) Glad to hear you are feeling better. Come to DL! Your kids are at the perfect age! It's Lizzy's fav place in the world and she's Lucy's age.

Kelly said...

Those are 5 momentus occasions! Good luck to Craig on the interview! Will you post a mystery photo of the interview location?

amy m said...

Where is he flying to? Perhaps close to a friend, a close friend in a beautiful overcast coastal city?

Congrats on the potty training!

Jason R said...

Can you send Lucy to talk with Elijah? I am waiting for that same announcement around here. I love the post about Seth knocking down the house! Jason and I had a good laugh. Take care! Melissa

Kurt Knudsen said...

Kudos to the kid's changes.
Like your glasses.

Shannon said...

How exciting(the interview). Wishing you the best.

Rebecca said...

Jordan, looks like you have a better vision of life! Keep it up! MOM

Katy said...

Does Hazel recognize you when you wear your spectacles? Spook mom!

Whenever I tell Olive to go to the bathroom she says, "But I don't like washing my hands!" So we always have to smell them to make sure she's washed up.