Wednesday, September 12, 2007

These Days are Full



These pictures were taken this morning. Hazel, practicing to follow in Craig's footsteps (she crawled out with the stethoscope draped around her neck just like her Daddy does), Seth and Lucy "gluing" (we've graduated from taping), and the brightest desert sun streaming in the kitchen. It seemed an already full morning with these bodies of pure motion but we amused ourselves further as Amy arrived with her own two busy bodies. We swam and chatted and ate and chatted and played and chatted until our 4-year-old bodies had had too much of each other. They are so territorial at that age. It was just wonderful for me to have another calm (Amy) in my chaos. Thanks you three for making the trek "into town" today.

Now: two napping girls, one boy finally emerging from the grumps, and one girl wishing I were napping.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a similar sunny morning! It makes things so much more pleasant.

rebecca said...

Hope you enjoy your book tonight. What are you reading? I wissh I could meet Amy.

Amy said...

I needed your chatting today...even if it meant a few punches thrown in the little arena. But I really don't blame them for getting riled when I realize it was 105 in their long-time outside!

amy m said...

It is always nice to have calm admits chaos, especially when it comes with Amy.

Jordan said...

Rebecca, I am reading The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. I'll tell you what I think when I finish, because sleep overtook my page turning last night!

Amy, what is a playdate without a few left hooks thrown in? It was wonderful and I think we all did well despite the heat index.

Jill said...

Did you take any pictures of you and Amy together? It's so fun that you two can hang out with the kids like that.