Monday, September 17, 2007

Nothing More than a Monday


Mowed the lawn, raked the lawn, fertilized the lawn, watered the lawn, and swept the back porch. Washed our bed linens. Picked up fruit snacks, lettuce, salad dressing, clam chowder, and a tire at Costco. Ate pizza, Lucy knocked over the lemonade all over Seth and his pizza. We left. Hazel fell asleep in the car. I transferred her to her crib with a bottle. Put Lucy down for a nap and sent a sad Seth out to "help" dad put the tire on his car. Put the groceries away. Craig put Seth in front of a new Little Einstein movie. Checked email. Wrote this post. Thought about cleaning the floor. Went to lay down on the sheetless bed with Craig. Night night at 1:06pm.

8 comments:

Ann said...

Whew! It makes me tired just reading it!

Amy said...

Definitely more than I've been doing for the past few days. Something has happened to my pattern and I'm napping daily (the three hour kind!). Not a good sign for my To Do lists!

Jill said...

That's a whole lot of productivity with 3 kids in tow. The lemonade spill would have been trying for me, but with little kids it's to be expected eh?

Night, night at 1:06pm is good.

rebecca said...

Whew is right. I find myself wondering what happened later in the afternoon... or did you 5 sleep the whole day away? (yeah, right.)

Jordan said...

I actually never slept at all (and, as it turns out--neither did Lucy). So it goes. The rest of the day was filled with otter pops, some bickering, a quick dinner, a quicker bath, two bedtime stories then bedtime, three trips back into Seth's room for various reasons, and one back into Lucy's. Now, blogging, flipping through October's magazines, yummy tofu/potato/green pepper curry over rice and a limeade for MY dinner and Craig home in about 30 minutes.

michelle said...

Oh, I hate the lying on sheetless beds. Making beds is one of my dreaded tasks, and when I wash the linens I never seem to get the bed made until late at night. Sometimes I go to get the linens and they're still damp and we're too tired and we just make do! Ick. Sorry the nap didn't pan out for you. I bet you were oh so glad when the kids were finally asleep -- the best time of the day.

Jenny Dahl said...

All that before 1:06pm. Yes, do fall onto a sheetless bed for a moment.

Jenny said...

We must have been on the same page. I mowed and did the bed linens on Monday too! I hope today was much more relaxing!