Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Regular Day and a Regular Date

I took Dr. Gooch out on a date last night after my run. This was after a long day of being stuck with the grumps--both of us. We went to Target to get "trip treats" for the kids for another drive up to Utah this Friday for our run on Saturday in Park City. We got to target and I was feeling sick to my stomach.


side note: I had just pumped out 8 miles in under 70 minutes on the treadmill at the YMCA. After I finished I told myself I could tack on another 5 on race day, no problem.


...so, we sat down at the snack area with a Sierra Mist (for the doc) and a Gatorade (for me) because I didn't feel up to walking around. To make a long story not so long--I think those 8 miles did more of a number on me than I care to admit. Regardless, I'm tacking on those 5 miles whether I can stomach it or not!

Anyway we wandered slowly down the aisles--something unheard of in my regular, non-date world--and I even discovered an aisle I had never been down (the Ziploc/Tupperware aisle) with all sorts of fun squeeze-top bottles. We left having spent too many dollars at the dollar spot and too much hard earned cash on candy for the ride--all worth it. I asked Dr. Gooch if he would get me a cheeseburger at In 'N Out (totally out of character for me--not to ask my mister for things but to crave a burger) What in the world!! He complied. I think all this running is also running up my appetite. We got home exhausted, but out of the grumps. This morning, Dr. Gooch commented that it was a good thing we hit the sack early because this is what I found in my bed this morning before I could even let out a yawn:

So go ahead tell me all about your bungee jumping, rock climbing, low-tide sloshing, water-skiing, kite-embroidering, cool wall fan-making, book publishing, yard-saling, giveaway-winning, first-day-of-schooling, rummy dessert-making days. Because I'm taking my hubs out on dates at Target and staying in my PJs all day with three under three feet!! Thank goodness for other people's blogs! Somedays, you keep me goin' folks! But, do you have a pool in your backyard?

12 comments:

Lexi, Troy and Peyton: said...

Okay... this is ridiculous. I'm going to add you to my page because I visit here darn near every day and read your blog sneakily like a guilty pleasure- it's addictive! Your words flow like poetry and your photographs are stories in and of themselves. I'm wishing that I had had more occasion to talk to you while you were here- but sadly, my only Jordan 'run in' was in Leesville for Thanksgiving at Carl and Paula's and there was only you, Craig and Seth (no Lucy or Hazel yet!) Anyway, feel free to look at our page- but I must warn you, it can't stand up to your craftiness (and I mean this in the nicest possible way). You are an inspiration. Thanks Jordan!

Rachel said...

J--

Check out darlyblog for some exciting news . . .

Katy said...

Well, actually, we do right now, but not for long. You lucky duck.

Elizabeth said...

Too bad you wern't feeling well for your night out together. Good luck this weekend.

Amy said...

I want to know who is kite embroidering (or what this is) and book publishing! Dates at Target are sometimes just my speed. And, yes, I'm jealous of your pool.

Jordan said...

Rebecca S. is kite embroidering and Ann Dee Knight (a good friend of mine from high school) has published a YA novel--see my sidebar for linkies!

Michelle said...

Good for you running so well! I hope your taking it easy till race day! Did you win something on Darlybird? One can only hope!

Michelle said...

ok, are we lucky today or what?!!! What a coincidence!

Shannon said...

You do have a gift for making everyday life enjoyable to read.

ingrid said...

Jordan, let me tell you all about my stomach flu days! I don't remember EVER being this sick, but perhaps it has to do with having a newborn and other children to care for! Here's to better days!!!

I agree with the first comment for this post, you are continually an inspiration! Good luck this weekend! May you run those last 5 miles with ease!

And yes, I do love your backyard luxury! We have one down the street in our subdivision, but there's nothing like having your own pool!

Jill said...

I most certainly do not have a pool in my backyard, nor do I have three tiny kissable children or the ability to run 8 miles with the intention of taking another 5 on!!! You're amazing.

michelle said...

I agree with Jill. You're amazing. And I don't have a backyard pool, or the ability to portray life beautifully, even when it isn't so beautiful. Keep it up, Jordan! Yours is one of the blogs that keeps me going!