Wednesday, August 08, 2007

ComfortERless not ComforTless

In the latest news, Lucy moved into a "big girl" bed--really, it's like queen-sized, her own room, side table, the whole bit is totally grown up. sorry to be so anticlimactic about this because it is actually a really big deal for her and for me. For her because, well she just thought she was the shinazzle (sorry about that) and for me because, well, I thrive on change and physical evidence of forward movement. So, the final picture later. Here are some peeks:




So, in sadder news, Lucy is left (temporarily) with a comforter-less duvet cover. We took a trip especially today to Target to get a nice downy one but after pooling all the money in all my envelopes together it appeared I would have enough to cover the cover--but what would we eat? how would I fill the car with gas?...and other such questions crowded my mind. So we meandered all the way from the front of the store back to those lovely quiet aisles of linen and returned the downy dream back to its shelf. And left the store with a Slurpee (green apple jolly rancher flavor! Hello!)--I couldn't leave my old red friend completely comfortless, could I?

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It looks wonderful. I can't wait to see more!

Rebecca said...

Maybe this will completely change Lucy's life! And what a better way to get some sleep than with those butterflys.
MOM

Kelly said...

The big girl bed! That's quite a step. Very exciting. It looks like such a lovely room with the color on the walls and the butterflies. I love it.

michelle said...

That is a huge step for all involved! Sorry you have to wait for the duvet cover, but I have to say a green apple jolly rancher slurpee is sounding divine...

Jill said...

Oh cute! I'm sure she looks darling and tiny in such a stylin big-girl bed.