Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Recipes Out of the Head: a new installment

Creamy Rotelle with Fennel and Chives


This is a soothing dish. A perfect light summer lunch or post-yoga pleaser .

1 Tablespoon olive oil

2 garlic cloves crushed

1 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan

salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

1-2 fennel bulbs, green parts and core removed, thinly sliced

4 Tablespoons chives, chopped

Cook pasta. Heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds, add cream. Let simmer one minute, add cheese, stir and cook for two minutes. Salt and Pepper to taste. Add sliced fennel, simmer 5 minutes until fennel is semi-tender (you still want some lovely crunch here). Add chives and pasta to cream mixture and toss. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am mourning the loss of cheesy pasta. We found out K is allergic to dairy. My mouth started watering while staring at your photo. I might have to sneak that in as a late dinner after he is sleeping.

Jeni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeni said...

This recipe sounds good...I might have to omit the fennel. I'm not a fan of the black licorice flavor. I'm planning on baking those chocolate cookies soon. They are too tempting.

michelle said...

It looks delightful. And although I don't enjoy black licorice, I do like fennel! Really, how can anything with cream, garlic, and parmesan not be delicious??