Thursday, June 21, 2007

Strep, Syrup, and Sweetness

We did a drive by at Dr. Gooch's work, he did a "curbside" throat culture on Seth and sent us home with Popsicles. They both have strep. The pharmacy called to get the "hospital information" since they were "seen" at the ER. I said, "well, he's on his way to pick up the prescription." "Okay, I'll try and get a hold of the Doctor before your husband gets here", she assured me. I didn't tell her, he IS the doctor. But, in my heart I was grateful for this quick fix from the Dad to get our family healthy again--I didn't even have to get out of the car and they are both chugging amoxy at home! Maybe this job of his IS a good idea after all.

The kids have lost their appetites and gained the sudden desire to sleep in (hey, Strep isn't so bad, either) so Dr. Gooch made NieNie's Whole Wheat waffles for two this morning. He's a syrup guy, I'm a berries and cream gal. We work with what we've got! Thanks babe!

And, here's a peek-a-boo cutie who has recently learned how to wave "hi". We think it's awesome!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Sorry about the strep, but with a drive-by diagnosis and sleepy kids maybe it's a good thing.

Hazel is so cute.

Amy said...

I'm with you 100% on the berries. And can't imagine the joy of such medical service. My sister-in-law is only in her 4th year of med school, but I bug her like crazy already. We made Nie Nie's wheat tortillas for lunch today..topped with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, tomatoes, parmesan. I don't know her personally, but love her new food site. I'd seriously appreciate some of your recipes as well!

Kelly said...

I have a fear of syrup, so the berries looked great!

I am sorry that a 3 child simultaneous nap means strep throat! But, I don't think I've ever heard of a better benefit to a doctor husband than the curb-side throat culture. I hope they feel better soon!

Love Hazel's peeking picture.

Elizabeth said...

Curbside Er is a nice perk. I live NieNie's recipes. I have tried several lately. Very inspiring.

Katy said...

Sorry the kids are sick, but don't you love the extra cuddles and naps? Craig to save the day!

michelle said...

I would think that having a doctor in the family would certainly have its perks!! I hope they're on the mend soon. Love that photo of sweet Hazel...