Thursday, June 14, 2007

One Year and One Week Ago...


...I started this blog. Let me just gush about blogging generally and specifically. It has connected me with a world, to which I, at this time in my life feel unusually disconnected from. In this world are old and new and long lost friends. A renewed validation was born as I began to participate in this forum. Networking took on a whole new meaning to a mother steeped deeply in her children and home life. Perhaps as the phases of my life wane to another sphere and my children age I will shed this virtual world of posts, pictures and commentaries. For now, those who care, can watch the details of Seth, Lucy, and Hazel's lives unfold. For now, I am hearing from my brother Jacob, I get to peek into the life of and long to be near my sister and her children, I am learning more about the ideas behind the work of my artist siblings and parents, I can keep an eye on a brand new niece and her proud parents. And, a husband gets some insight into his honey's mind that, perhaps, he may not get otherwise. Blogging has drawn out of me words that seemed stuck for sometime. There seems only good, but I've had to reclaim blogging for my own many times and not let my life be diluted by the perusal of other's lives. I am happy to blog and happy that it has caught on. I LOVE reading and seeing YOU!

16 comments:

ingrid said...

I love your blog! I have seen a whole side of you that I had never known, and I think you are fabulous and inspiring! I look forward to reading it every day.

Jeni said...

I have to admit that I check your blog at least twice a day...even though we don't get to see you all often, I feel like I'm "in the know." Love your blog and love you too!

Rebecca said...

Jordan, thanks for opening up my head and getting whats inside into words. You have inspired the whole family!

Shannon said...

I am a friend of Elizabeth's. I can relate to many of your stories. My two are 17 months apart. The post office story was a classic. I wish I was your neighbor, we seem to share the same taste in foods.

nie nie said...

dear jordan,

i am glad i get to read your blog, mostly becuase i really think you are beautiful, and your children too. congrats on the year milestone.

Katy said...

The blogs will have to do until we move....next door to each other and I can yell out my window to you, "CAN I BORROW SOME EGGS?" And then send Divine over to fetch them and to return with some yummies for thanks.

Amy said...

A year and a week. I'm 7 months in now & agree with your words entirely. But, I too, have had to reign back, in order to live my life and write for myself...have to leave room for other "good"'s I suppose. As always, I'm inspired by the words you've allowed to escape.

rebecca said...

I love this year for you - and for me through you! A new friend almost, out of an old friend. Yes, a tricky medium to participate in, but worth it, yes! Thank you for you, this year.

Robin said...

Hi Jordan,
You don't know me, but your parents are next-door friends to my grandma. Your dad sent me his blog link, whereupon I curiously peeked into the links he had posted. I thoroughly enjoy your photography, your way with words, and your Book. I'm reading AOR right now. It's a good 'un. Thanks! Your parents are pretty swell, too. Thanks for sharing your life.

Jordan said...

Oh Robin! Glad to meet you. Are you talking about Aunt Ruth?

Stephanie! I LOVE your blog--both of them. They are a refreshment in my day! We must meet up with our littles to keep the heat away.

Jenny said...

Congrats on your year. I think we have all been inspired by it and without blogging I wouldn't have had lunch with you. Yet, another bonus!

Kelly said...

To find friends out of thin air is quite an amazing side effect of blogging. I'm so glad you started a year ago. I love reading and seeing YOU!

Jill said...

Congrats on your year mark, what a glorious accomplishment it is. Your blog is wonderful and it was marvelous to get to meet you because of it.

annalisa said...

I've had to reclaim my life from blogging plenty of times. And I often wonder how you find the time with three littles at home to even post. But other than it's time consuming nature, it truly has brought so much good.

michelle said...

Wonderful! I'm so glad your words have found their outlet, they are always inspiring to me. Blogging is a very good outreach program indeed. And I love the photo, what a good idea!

Heidi said...

Jordan, I wish we lived closer. Our lives are so similar and I would love to share stories of our crazy days with our three under four! I miss you and love to read your blog. Thanks for keeping us posted! Love, Heidi