Monday, June 04, 2007

My Week in Black and White

I'm loving this girl. Two women stopped by as I sat with the three kids eating lunch at an outdoor patio. They stopped and babbled about Hazel's "so-aware" gaze and her "old soul". They are spot on. Her head is constantly turning to find the source of all the sounds that surround her--Lucy's high-pitched screech and Seth's bare feet slaps splattering across the wood floor. My voice, Craig's smile: these are her world and she is most obviously anxious to decipher its meaning. Should I tell her [this deciphering] will take her whole lifetime? No, just kisses for now.

9 comments:

Lucy said...

I felt jealous of you getting those cheeks everyday! She is absolutely beautiful and does have a wise look about her!:)

rebecca said...

Hopefully she will always want to "decipher" so voraciously. No doubt, I'll bet! Great photo, again!

Jenny said...

That face is just so sweet. What fun time in life :) Enjoy it while it's "just kisses" I miss that.

Katy said...

I'm glad there will be no deciphering just yet--simply ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!

Lynanne said...

Love the b/w on this! What a tender moment. You are right about her expression.. I wonder what she's pondering behind those eyes :)

amy w. said...

Oh Jordan, I've just caught up on your blogs. You are such a wonderful mom! With your descriptions, I get a little flavor of each of your precious little ones. Your pictures are beautiful!

Jill said...

I love the term "old soul" because it says so much. It gives credibility and wisdom to babies!

annalisa said...

I love watch kids discover their worlds. And those bottomless kisses aren't bad either.

Amy said...

I've missed your words on my blog vacation. I loved this post. Those are the moments to hold on to & remember.