Thursday, June 28, 2007


Craig was our "cellular cheerleader" as we made our way north on the 51, then the 101, then the 17, then the 89, then across on the 20, then finally, up I-15.

Here we are and I must gloat, I rose to the occasion.

After days of fretting, it turned out our time in the car went more smoothly than our days at home often do. Lucy, of all three, did the best. Seth was anxious to get there and Hazel (a new crawler) was not happy about 11-hours strapped down. Two stops, and 80+ times listening to "Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques"--we've arrived.



And...I think this mountainside retreat is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The kids are in summer heaven with cool nights that mean cool mornings. Summer-sault-able grass, chickens, hot air balloons in the shape of strawberries, old familiar toys from their mother's childhood, and endless possibilities of exploration. Seth, enjoying this "new" place keeps asking, "Why did we come to Gramma's house?" As if, this is too good to be true. As if, there's going to be some sort of drudgery, otherwise why would mom have spent forever driving us away from home to this magical place?










Thank goodnes there are buckets and water everywhere we go.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun. Have a grand time in Utah!

Amy said...

Your parents' place is gorgeous! I want to come, too!

Jeni said...

Tell your fam we say, "hi." Isn't it great to be home? I love when we get to go to Grandma and Grandpa's and Nana and Papa's. Just like Dorothy says, "There's no place like home." Enjoy your family, Jordi.

Jenny Dahl said...

Well done Jordan! Hope your trip is wonderful and as breathtaking as it looks!

Sara said...

Very impressive work my friend! Looks like your kids are having a blast. We too are headed there in a week and can't wait. How long will you be there? Maybe we could get together.

michelle said...

I would agree that this is one of the most beautiful places on earth! I'd go there for a getaway any time. Here's hoping you can stay long enough to be ready to face the drive home.

rebecca said...

Hurray! Champion!
It was great to talk the other day. Have SO MUCH fun with those cousins...

amy m said...

I feel that same way about the mountains...love the mountains.

I'm glad your having a great time and that you made it on your own with your littles one. That is a long drive.

Are you still in UT? I would love to meet up.

Crystalyn said...

glad you made it! you should be gloating about your achievement ( :

would love to see you! email me if you get a chance.