Saturday, June 09, 2007

Am I okay?





This afternoon in the middle of a tinker toy extravaganza, the phone rang.


"Hello?"



"Jordan! Are you okay?!"



"Why?...because I haven't been posting, huh?"


"Yes!"

I loved this. That I was missed, that it made my mom call and that she values the details of my life and what I have to say about the details of hers. It feels good.


Here's a "sugar free" catch-up in photos and a few reasons (good and evil) that I've been MIA.





Our debut "family" camping trip. Next trip: after Hazel turns 4 years old!! Joshua Tree, the park, had us all in awe, but our littles are perhaps a little too little for the little amount of shut-eye the Bigs caught in the tent. Yet, the stars and the silence seemed to make up for all of that, in a way.



Making preparations for Seth 1st "friends" birthday party. He's turning four. This is the photo I'm using for his postcard invites. (The one above, not below!)


Recovering from the insertion (or rather the effects of said insertion) of the above device...sorry, don't mean to get personal...oh wait, yes I do. Two weeks later I RAN in to have, as my dear friend put it, "Lucifer taken out of my uterus". Um, yes, hormones, especially synthetic ones, are not my friend (I'll save more of the contents of this soap box for another post).






Other than that, we have survived yet another week in the arrid desert, soaking it with plenty of tears, tickles, and now...smiles. Giving thanks for second chances, healthy bodies, healthy minds, starry nights, and walks with wildlife: (can you spot what we spotted in this picture:)
see below for answer

14 comments:

rebecca said...

Welcome! Welcome back to your brick-and-mortar, your online family, and your Lucifer-free uterus. A lovely catch-up, and you have been missed. Here's to a camping-free summer, and lots of tears-free shut eye!

Kurt said...

Love the photo of Hazel in the tee-
pee! We can't make your photos zoom to spot what you spotted

Jordan said...

Sorry, Dad...I hope my photo addition helps.

ingrid said...

I'm glad you're back too! I've been wondering about you!!! I am amazed that you took your kids camping! What brave parents you and Craig are!!! I bet the kids LOVED it and will remember it always.

By the way, is that really what that device looks like?

Katherine said...

Last time Bobby and I went camping we lamented how much extra work is required when you have to bring kids along (and we only had one at the time! Although she came down with the stomach flu as soon as we got there and was sick all night in our tent). Hmmm.... oh well. We're with you I think, we'll wait until our littles aren't so little before we go camping again. I haven't been to Joshua Tree for years. I do love that place. That last camping trip was in Nauvoo at a park right inside town. It was so strange not to be in the mountains...

tarantula411 said...

I Jordan, I just found your blog through cjane's comments and I discovered I had Spanish with your husband, Craig. Didn't he live with "Chup" in Provo? My sister is Whitney Fox. Did you ever know her? Small world. My e-mail is: sarahfox5@hotmail.com if that is better. Great reading your blog. Hope you don't mind!

Shawna B. said...

You are most definitely okay! Just look at your happy life, your beautiful family, and your Lucifer free uterus! Oh Jordan - you make me laugh!

Jenny said...

Wow, an adventure indeed! I loved seeing all of your photos. I don't think I have ever been to that state park. Weren't you going to head to the Grand Canyon?

p.s. that device looks painful.

TX Girl said...

I'm so glad all is well. I just thought you were taking a blogging hiatus. I'm happy to read it was filled with family camping, party planning, and the removal of a small devil (it took me a second to figure out what was in your hand). I'm happy you are feeling better.

Jordan said...

JUST to clarify--I found the picture of that IUD (Intrauterine Device) on the internet--THIS IS NOT THE ONE I HAD REMOVED. Needless to say, nobody saved that one. Also, to clarify, an IUD is a form of birth control. Just to clarify.

Jordan said...

Tarantula411, I will have to ask Craig if he knew you or WHitney. I can't recall (but I am so bad with names). Yes, he lived with Chup for awhile. And, of course I don't mind you perusing!

Jordan said...

Jenny, we were planning on the Grand Canyon, but that night was supposed to get several degrees below freezing---um, not gonna happen. So we stayed south and just headed West for MORE desert scenery! It WAS beautiful.

Amy said...

I have my own little Lucifer...but not enough side effects to make pregnancy a better option. You crack me up!

And, while I'm not big on desert camping, we would join you in the forest any day...if you wouldn't be totally embarrassed by our lack of camp simplicity. We too much overdo.

Kelly said...

So sorry Lucifer took up camp in your uterus! Despite the lack of sleep, your camping trip does look like an adventure. We haven't been for 6 years for the same reasons. The picture of Hazel in the tent cracks me up!