Friday, May 04, 2007

My Sun


As we sat photographing and chatting over our garden delights, my son said, "If the sun shines on me too long, I will die." What?! My immediate response, if only in my head, was, 'me too'. Instead I assured him that he will not die. Then we spun a dialogue on the healthy effects of the sun as we twirled our fingers in the soil. The sun helped our newly sprouted "Cinderella Pumpkins" to poke their leaves through the dirt (right on schedule for a Halloween harvest). The sun is also contributing to the heavy stems of our beefsteak tomato laden plant. Imminent bounty. My son will survive the sun. I will be grateful as they each persist in shining.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks like fun to be in the garden together. Love the shot of the Cinderella pumpkins

amy m said...

I don't know the AZ sun sure is hot...are you positive it won't kill you?? :)

I love how you made a teaching moment out of it. Great photos of your lovely garden.

Amy said...

I wanted the sun today. Went to Cherry (outside of Prescott) without a coat. 42 degrees & sleet. I sooo wanted the sun.

Gardening together...beautiful. Seth is so cute with his questions upon questions. And I love the pictures.

Kelly said...

Seth needs to move to Oregon where there's no danger of the sun killing you. :) I love that you are gardening in the AZ sun together. You are going to have a tomato bounty, for sure!

Katy said...

I am jealous of your productive produce!!!! I've never grown an edible tomato yet. We need a new photo of the kids---2 new additions, ya know.

annalisa said...

I wish my garden looked like that! I think I may have planted to early. Every looks wilted and sorry.

Jill said...

I love these photos and your cute conversation with Seth and the image of you twirling your fingers in the soil.