Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wednesday Afternoon

You will have to imagine the scene. In my delight at the addition of adult dialogue to our midday play, I completely forgot to photograph. So above, we sat: chatting (we) and chiding (me to mine) as our littles fell into easy amusement. Amy provided a delightfully light lunch and her beautifully bright, blue-eyed boys provided some diversion for my two toddlers certainly fed up with their own mother's dull company. Her's, to me was anything but dull. We must choose, in this new world of infinite blogrolls whom we let in, and into whose world we peer. I happily do so with this fellow Desert Dame. A perfect afternoon. Thank you three!

12 comments:

Amy said...

And thank you four! You're welcome anytime your littles are ready for two hours in the car. We'll try to make it worth your while, my fellow Desert Dame.

Elizabeth said...

That sounds wonderful. It's too bad you don't live closer to each other.
I would love to meet both of you!

Katy said...

I can imagine it all--wish I was there!

annalisa said...

Too bad you don't live close. You two seem meant to be friends.

Amberly said...

I'm in phoenix, and the two of you are in phoenix? and you drove two hours? not right. just not right. it sounds like a fabulous afternoon!

Amy said...

An it's a small world moment - my sister-in-law was reading my post from yesterday and clicked over to your blog. It turns out she knows (well, sort-of) your husband. She's in med school, and two summers ago she spent the day following him around an e.r.!

Jordan said...

Amy, the world is getting smaller all the time!!

amy m said...

Sounds like a delightful afternoon. Glad you had some time to chat with another woman. Priceless for sure.

sista # 2 said...

Yea! you finally got together!You drove from Phx to Queen Creek, passing my house!!! HA
Amberly wants to do lunch too;)
I smell another lunch date soon!
-janae

Jenny said...

2 hours? I am assuming 1 there and 1 back. I'm telling you, you would be more soft on the AZ thing if you treked out to Gilbert. There really are green parts of the city and even big trees!

How fun to finally hook up. Sounds like the kids had a ball. :)

michelle said...

A new friend and an afternoon of adult companionship! Sublime.

Kelly said...

It's been two years since I had an afternoon with Amy -- I'm supremely jealous. Okay, and happy for you, too! This meeting has been a long time in the works. I'm glad you guys got together at last!