Saturday, April 28, 2007

[Ring...ring...ring] "Hello! Mangum Madhouse, here"

These were all taken during our latest attempt at pre-bed story time.

Hazel was waving her arms in the air shouting, (in a Bronx brogue) "You people are driving me wacko!"



Lucy was born without sit bones. She can't even plop herself down long enough to flip through a Dr. Suess board book. (By the way, this is one of my favorite books to read to them).

Even the action shot function on my camera couldn't get this gal in focus. Hmmm...


It is midnight at the M home. Now that they are all holding perfectly still, I'm sitting here drinking gatorade-still awake (and still recovering and rehydrating after my all night taco-tossing) and Craig is at work. We ARE wacko, or, at the least, a little mixed up. Goodnight.

10 comments:

sista # 2 said...

Aaahh! looks like fun! At least they're all smiley and not screaming crying, huh? My littles had a hard time with an early bedtime until they were in school -then they fell into bed!Beautiful.
-Janae

Katy said...

I love it! Every night it's a countdown for us--One down, three to go. (Although they don't always stay down!)

Katy said...

PS Hazel, that's how I feel!

(and, my word verification happened to be sleep!)

Jordan said...

that is so weird, Katy, I've never had a real word

Rachel said...

jk--

what a fabulous little familia you have going on. adorable names with cute faces to match. i also love your poetry. very real to the complexity of motherhood. fun to remeet! :)

Jenny Dahl said...

Ahhh. It's all too familiar!

Jordan said...

Rachel, yes, I'm so glad I came across your "nest". Can't wait till my Chi Chi arrives on my porch!!

Crystalyn said...

jordan you make me giggle. this is what our bedtime looks like too! at times i want to fall into my own bed after the bedtime rituals. love the hazel pic. and that lucy seems like such a spunky one!

Amy said...

"born without sit bones"...one of the best lines I've ever read.

amy m said...

so telling. Reminds me a little bit of what we go through in our home. I like that you documented the experience. It's something you will not want to forget when your littles have grown.