Saturday, April 28, 2007

Elevenses and RMS: A Mother-Son Story



Every night after tucking Seth in bed I say, "kisses!" He, nearly every night, says, "Eleven kisses!" and so we simultaneously kiss and count the kisses--NOT a small feat. Eleven of them. No more no less.
Another thing. The above is evidence of a restless mind. He obviously, while dressing himself (a newly acquired skill) had other things on his mind. Seth and I share this RMS (restless mind syndrome). Seth puts his underwear over his pj bottoms. I accidentally spray paint the kitchen cupboard (don't ask). We are working through our symptoms together...

...the eleven kisses at night are part of that.

10 comments:

Katherine said...

What a fun ritual! How did he come up with eleven?

Jordan said...

Who knows? Also, when I want him to finish up an activity by saying, "A few more minutes", he says, "How 'bout eleven minutes." There must be something magical about that number.

Jenny said...

Luke is way into counting right now too. Along with the kisses we have demands for rubbing my back (with his fingers held up) this many times.

Cute photo-

Kelly said...

I know you said not to, but I really do want to ask about the spray paint and the kitchen cupboard!

I love the eleven kisses!

ingrid said...

I'm assuming by the photo of Seth that he is potty trained. Way to go, Seth!

Crystalyn said...

11, huh? sweet ritual. i'll have to remember the RMS the next time i leave the keys in the door or put milk in the cupboard. glad to know i'm not alone.

Amy said...

I'm asking about the kitchen cupboard spray paint, too. Because I love to hear fellow RMSer stories to allay my own self-doubts.

shawnaB. said...

Well what do you know? I have RMS too! A very bad case of it, I'm afraid ...

Owen has a thing for the number seven. If there's something he wants, he wants SEVEN of them! Tonight, at bedtime, he will receive seven kisses from his mama.:)

Jordan - I adore the poem you wrote for your dad (the master painter! The Good Goose is sooo good!)! It is marvelous. How nice to have a poet for a friend.

amy m said...

I am a sufferer of RMS as well. Perhaps 11 kisses would help. I'm going to have to try that one.

Sweet bedtime ritual.

Elizabeth said...

Fun to catch up with another Wacky M house. That looks all very familiar.