Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Pulling Out of the Station




Start. Kicking off a week of dreaded "nights" with a 24-hour shift today. He is. The digital window at the gas pumped announced I had just filled a $48 tank...hmmm. Is driving that valuable. To me, today, yes. As I was pulling out of the station (so Thomasesque) I noticed a man, this poor man, checked every hanging phonebook holder of the three payphones in a row and found all empty. Dejected he crawled back into his truck. Seth chose "no lunch" today and who am I to argue with a three-year-old. Surely hungry, he slumped off to endure quiet time. My microwaved burrito (my stellar lunch choice) was frozen in the middle, making for a most disturbing bite. In the trash. Our taxes, it turns out, were filed late. My one friend is moving away. My dirt "lawn" is covered in weeds. My Lucy's tongue is covered in mystery sores. I'm tired. End

Though this was snapped yesterday at the park, Brighter Skies are surely ahead. Perhaps even...today? Yes, perhaps.

8 comments:

Amy said...

The variables differ, but I know this mood. All too well. But it's something your prose defines far better than I am able.

Love the Brighter Skies picture...definitely coming for a girl headed to Chicago in a few (hopefully short!) weeks!

Katy said...

What a very sad day, indeed. I am glad to hear you DO have brighter (and windier) days ahead. I wish I could join mom and Ann (without the littles!) I am so grateful for a sister who "makes good things happen." You are amazing.

Jenny said...

Ah, Jordan I am sorry you had such a rough day. Here's to a brighter day tomorrow friend!

sista # 2 said...

What a day!I'm sorry to hear your one friend is moving away. That bites!You need some cheering up cuddles from your Q.T.s. (there now.all better):)
-Janae

Jill said...

That picture is stunning, it looks like a great one to have around as a reminder of better days.

I'm sorry you had a rough day and that Craig is going to be working nights this week, but I have to say I think it's great that you take time to blog about it.

Kelly said...

I am sorry this was today for you. It has been quiet on your blog, and I've been wondering how you were doing.

Did Amy say you were going to Chicago?? That's where we did dental school. Okay, he did dental school. That's where I hung out while he did dental school. A wonderful city! I miss it. Enjoy!

rebecca said...

Ah, and the image of the man rifling fruitlessly through the phone booths... what a topper for what a day. OK, Sir Topham Hat, brighter skies ahead, yes. all aboard, already.

Jordan said...

Yes, Kelly--I'm going to email you!