Saturday, March 03, 2007

Turning

"Lucy, how old are you?"
"I'm turning three!!!"
"I think maybe you're turning two today."

All morning she called her cake "my birthday party". And watching her eat up this purple (her choice) celebration of Lucile Fae as well as several purple peeps off the cake...it was a party. Just a few gifts, some sparklers, silly string, stickers, and squiggly straws and she was in heaven. Seth did well considering the difficulty involved for a 3 year old to watch his baby sister be lavished upon like this all day. He did "help" open the gift that he had picked out for her. For me, the best part of the day was having Lucy's Dad right there with us. He grilled the hotdogs, commenting, "I feel like the man of the house when I grill." Cracks me up. I guess the rest of the time he feels like I'm the man of the house--well, I am.

Happy Birthday to my girl, Lucy. She is certainly one of a kind with a voice and a smile--the pair of them will melt your heart.

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea to put peeps on a cake. I will have to do that for our Easter dinner.
Happy Birthday Lucy!

ingrid said...

I too love the peeps. Very clever, indeed! For some reason, I had thought Lucy was already two, but then I recalled that she was born a week or so before the big Match two years ago! I still remember sitting up on the balcony with our favorite Mangums and eagerly anticipating our match results together! What a fun day!

Jordan said...

Oh, Ingrid! The memories come flooding...we had no idea all that was ahead! So fun to share that moment with some of our favorite people!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little Lucy! She's so cute.

Kelly said...

Oh, Lucile Fae - I love that name! I also love the purple and orange combination on her cake. She looks so cute watching you put the candles on her cake. Happy Birthday Lucy!

carlo said...

Sweet cake. oh so sweet!

Love the post today. Happy Birthday, Lucy!

And Happy Day to you, Jordan. It is a special day for you, too!!

Amy said...

Beautiful cake...I love it when they clearly know & speak what they want. Peeps.

I just read your Girls in the Mist entry & am honestly claiming you as a non-blood-never-met-sister. Sometimes when I read you, I laugh because you've captured what I just thought or felt.

rebecca said...

Happy 2!
Weren't those sparkler candles awesome? Sabine loved hers last week. What a day, dad at the grill, brother helping, and a perfect "party." So fun!

Crystalyn said...

that first pic is so darling of your little lucy. how cute. i love bday celebrations for the little ones. it looks like it was a great one. happy birthday lucy!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lucy. Love the peeps on top of the cake.

amy m said...

She's so darling and love the cake with the peeps. It's so enjoyable to see how excited they can be about their birthday when they aren't quite sure what to think of it. I love 2 yr olds.

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Allison said...

Happy Birthday! The cake looks amazing, but everything you do is amazing.

michelle said...

How adorable is that cake? I love it. Love that you are man of the house too! Happy birthday to sweet Lucy.

amy w. said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! How darling you look in your purple and orange!

annalisa said...

I love celebrating children's birthdays. How fun that she picked purple ribbon. What is it about grills that make men feel like the men of the house? That has always cracked me up too, the power they seem to emulate.