Thursday, March 01, 2007

Morning Munchies

Seth knows that if he gets up before the sun, he is to play in his room until it is "light" outside. So of course, instead, he becomes the pre-dawn ghost walker: he emerges from his room and performs various tasks around the house without making a sound. So, I perform a nightly scan of the house to make sure there is nothing dangerous or valuable within his reach. I guess, one night, in my post-vacation confusion, I forgot. The other morning, this is what I found on the counter:

One bite out of one of each sort of cookie.

After my query, his confession: "I was hungry so I ate some cookies while it was still dark."

A perfectly acceptable answer. But one bite out of each?? Why not eat ALL the cookies, if it's still dark and not a soul around can hear your tiny bare pads pitter patter across the parquet? My boy, an interesting, introspective, deliberate darling of a boy.

10 comments:

Sara said...

What a clever little boy! Although if no one was watching me you better believe that I would have eaten the entire cookie, or maybe the whole box. I loved your post about your trip to see Rebecca. . . what a great time you had and what beautiful photos! Hope you and yours are happy healthy and well.

Kurt said...

That's my favorite grandson! He knows the good stuff. But of course his grampa would have completed each cookie.
Grampa K

Jill said...

What a doll he is. That picture of the cookies is hilarious. Maybe he was disappointed in the cookies or just wanted to sample all of them. What a cutie.

Jenny said...

Jordan that seriously is the cutest thing ever. I love how he bit just one of each one. Classic. Gotta love that kid! So clever.

rebecca said...

Oh, my. Hilarious. And truly, why? I really want to know. I suppose that when they start hiding the evidence, then we are in trouble!

Kelly said...

Oh, I love this. He is so adorable. You just have to wonder at the thought process going through their minds. Taking one bite from each -- that is some serious restraint!

michelle said...

That is just hilarious. Serious restraint indeed. I can totally understand the impulse to eat cookies for breakfast, I just can't understand leaving the rest behind! Did he not like them?

amy m said...

What a darling little boy for sure. It's funny he just had one bite of each. Perhaps he just wanted to see which one he liked best. I can totally see this happening at my house except there would be no cookies left.

You know this is a request in our house as well. It doesn't always work, but how grateful I am when it does.

Crystalyn said...

very, very cute. (love that b&w pic by the way). my little hanna would have eaten all of them. she one half a bag of chocolate chips one morning and probably would have eaten all of them had we not found her. not a bad a idea to sample though...getting a taste of everything in before the fun ended.

Katy said...

That's what I'd like to do with a box of mystery chocolates--find the one with the best filling. We must be related. Lucy and Olive are going to be mischievous mates when they're a bit older!