Saturday, March 17, 2007

Green Eggs and Heat

Our spouseless weekend has been quite calm. I've made a special effort to keep the outings and activities rolling in so there haven't been too many outburst opportunities (normally a regular occurrence with Seth of late). On this Oh-So-Irish day we dressed in our green, to Seth's great relief (he was concerned about the prospect of getting pinched), and matched our breakfast to our outfits.
Then, off into the 95 degree afternoon to attend a neighbor's birthday bash at the park. Seth quizzed random attendees as to why they weren't wearing green.
We kept cool with capri suns and shades, not to mention about 6 suckers each.
In the end, the heat got to us all and lulled sweet Hazel off to sleep. Home again for hose play and cups of ice in the backyard.
Craig spent the weekend in the greenest place on earth, but he missed out on hanging with the greenest cuties on earth!! He was missed. Happy Paddy's Day!
***I'm more than thrilled that my younger sister in Florida has started posting bits and pieces of her lovely life. You can take a peek at her four sweet girls and their adventures in the sunshine state.

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She looks so cute asleep in her green and white. It is always nice to have somewhere to go on a holiday like this. Hope the rest of your weekend goes well.

ingrid said...

Very cute photos! Once again, I am curious - is Florida the greenest place on Earth? :)

Jill said...

Seriously 95 degrees?! I'd be a wreck. You guys look cute and like the heat wasn't a problem. I'm glad you're doing well on your Craigless weekend. I've been thinking about you today and wishing you well.

Jenny said...

You guys look adorable. I forgot my green shirt in TX. Can you believe that? We had plenty of green festivities here today too. Was it really that warm today? I guess I didn't pay attention. Hmmm maybe I am in my element :)

Amy said...

I love that you did the whole green & green today even though no one would have known if you had skipped it all flying solo.

By the way, I don't do the zoo in anything above 85, so we'll have to be thinking up a new rendezvous!

sista # 2 said...

Funny, I just mentioned to a friend yesterday who braved the zoo in 95* with crowds (radio disney was there) & a 3 month old -You won't see me at the zoo until about October! ;)

Your green is great! Live it up while they're little -it's SOooo
easy to please them with green food, green trinkets, green clothes!& they remember the fun for days! -ciao, Janae

Kelly said...

You all looked very cute and green in the 95! We were thrilled it was 70. I can only guess that the greenest place on earth (besides Ireland) is here -- and I hope your Craig enjoyed the glorious weekend weather that was. We had very similar looking green milk at our house, but Emerson is too disgusted by green eggs, so we had to settle for green pancakes.

amy m said...

I can't believe it is already 95 degrees. I don't think I would be able to handle the actually summers down there.

You all look adorable in your green.

Crystalyn said...

it looks like a great and successful day. you look so calm and collected with your three littles and on your own. glad it went well.

Lucy said...

I have had a lot of time to blog surf and I read through some of your archives. You are one funny lady. I think I'll pop by more often, if you don't mind. I'm a friend of Jenny C. if you want a background check:)

Cute St. Patty's stuff. But 95 degrees in March makes me wince.

rebecca said...

(thought I'd already commented)
We played with Craig in spirit this weekend, and were no where near as cute as your gang! And in 95 degrees... great job! That Hazel is growing... wow! This, too, will pass - fast!!!!

Julia said...

I can't believe how warm it is there (that actually sounds kind of nice right now!). Your kids looked so cute dressed in green. Those are just a few of the things I can't wait for (spouseless weekends aren't one of them though).

michelle said...

95 degrees?! Eek! I'm definitely not ready for that kind of heat yet. I know it's coming, but already my kids are complaining of getting hot when they play outside! (only 75 degrees on our warmest days now) We will all be in real trouble when the temps climb 20 or 30 degrees. Cute pics of all of you in your green.