Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Timely Good Mail and a Challenge




Look at this couture blanket! Hazel Rae Mangum will be delighted (when she is old enough to be so) with this beauty by the one and only Tasha. I think, Tasha, you may have just inspired the colors for the future room of Lucy and Hazel. Thank you. And thank you for the matching burp cloth and the lovely scarf. You do good work, my friend. I actually LOVE late birthday gifts--they prolong what is often too short a celebration of me!! Hee hee!

Over the holidays we stayed with my parents for a spell...you can tell he got a good glimpse of what my days entail by this handmade card I got from my Dad...



...And, yes, that does describe my life very often. My Dad knew about good mail long before the phenomenon began in the blogging world. And he has always been good about sending little snippets of various things when they remind him of someone. Thanks for brightening my dad a little, Dad.


The above child blows me away daily by her ability to blatantly disobey. It really takes me to the boiling point after a full 12 hours of this. I wonder if we've let too much slide because, honestly she is so darn cute to me. Once in awhile she'll motion me over to her until we are nose to nose and then she'll say in the tiniest whisper, "My hands are sticky", or other "important" messages she needs my full attention for. She is a charmer, just like her Dad and thus they both get away with far too much! Does anyone else have such a two year old? How do you combat this sort of challenge?

10 comments:

Tasha said...

Jordan!
I am glad you like it, I had been disappointed that I couldn't find orange/aqua fabric, but I thought you would like thist too...

I remember when your dad made that announcement for your neice that was either dill pickle seeds or a bottle? It was so fun and inventive. No wondering where you come by your creativity and talents!

Jenny said...

Beautiful work a la Tasha. Love the colors too!

What a sweet thing that your dad sent and so creative. Yes, I have a 3 year old and soon to be 2 year old who both do that. Ah, the joys of motherhood!

Jill said...

I love it that your dad sends you good mail and especially love it that he thoughtfully acknowledged your current phase of life. I can't imagine my dad EVER doing anything like that. You're a lucky girl.

Those items from Tasha are beautiful, what sweet gifts.

rebecca said...

Lovely gifts! Tasha is astoundingly multi-talented and generous. Love the colors!
I was laughing out loud at your Dad good mail. You could enlarge and frame it for a playroom someday. I am sure he remembers the circus days all to well... 6 in 8 years or something, right?

My 2nd son shows blatant disobedience which throws me for a loop because his older sister would NEVER just look at me and announce "No." I, too, wonder if it is just an accumulation of months and months of lax rule enforcing. My 2 are SO different in this manner - we just need to find the right system, I guess. Good Luck!

Kristi Brooke said...

so fun to see that good mail. that TAsha!!

so amazing to have such a creative dad. but thoughtful too. those two don't always go together so it is so nice when the do.

annalisa said...

I love the quilt from Tasha and the circus card cracks me up. Families with a sense of humor are the best.
As far as disobedience goes, good luck with that one! Hopefully this mind of her own will keep her from falling for peer pressure and believing every strange idea sold to her as fact. Defiance can be a good thing in the right circumstance. And that charm will take her far too.

Jordan said...

Annalisa, very good point, i never looked at it that way...it is hard sometimes for me to project into the future as far as my kids go.

Allison said...

I love the gifts from Tasha, they are beautiful.

It's hard when they are just so cute.

amy w. said...

What a talented dad you have. Wonderful! And what a talented friend you have. Tasha is amazing. I'm with you--good thing our little ones are so dang cute!

Crystalyn said...

your little one sounds very much like my little hsnna. blatantly disobedient with a skip in her step and a big smile on her face. at times it is hard not to lose my patience. of course, there are those times that i do lose my patience. but she's oh, so cute.

hooray for good mail!