Monday, December 18, 2006

"Can We Do This Again?!"

One big mess, two bikes (one for Craig one for Lucy), three happy children, four--the amount of hours it took to finally get everything cleaned up, cleared out, and put away. Craig's conclusion: we have too many toys with lots of little peices. It was a fun morning and started off a wonderful day of just being home together (although Craig had to fly off to work at 3:00pm). The girls napped and Seth was quiet for quiet time in his room, so Craig and I even had a moment to stare dreamily into eachother's eyes and hold hands, then he made us hot fudge sundaes--in the middle of the afternoon!!! (not too mention a yummy lunch of goat cheese and egg souffle with mixed greens and grape tomatos). At the end of it all, Seth asked, "Can we do this again?!" I answered with a resounding "yes!" Two more times in fact--Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's and Christmas morning at Uncle Mark's with Nana and Papa! What lucky kids--three rounds of opening gifts...what will the expectations be for next year? Hmmm, I think we've set ourselves up for failure.

10 comments:

rebecca said...

Oh - WHAT FUN!!! I just got so excited looking at those photos - and little Hazel's first Christmas!!!!
Lucky for you, they are too young to have expectations for next year - they will probably only remeber the magical feeling! (However, I doubt their expectations will ever be shattered - Santa is generous, no?)
Enjoy your next 2 rounds, Seth! I hope you 2 can hold hands after those, as well!

Shawna B. said...

Oh, this gets me SO excited for Christmas morning!!! What fun! Looks like you had a ball - and with the fudge sandaes in the afternoon, I'd say that makes a perfect day!

Here's to 2 more rounds of merriment!

Anonymous said...

I love extending the celebration. That's why we have birthday eve's here in our family. Anything to feel that magic and spirit for longer.

ingrid said...

I am getting excited about Christmas morning looking at your photos. Yes, What fun! I hope that your next two rounds are just as fun and magical!

Jenny said...

How fun. I bet you are glad you opened yours early instead of trying to lug it all with you (well probably not possible anyway)

We made the mistake of giving Jared one year 3 b-day parties. One at home and one with Doug's family in AZ and then mine.

Enjoy your two rounds again and then of course the trick will be getting it back home :0

Jenny said...

p.s. I love that you guys got too enjoy a moment together. And fudge sundae's yummy! Merry Christmas!

Jill said...

It's like Christmas in installments, that might be the best way to do it. It's always so sad when it's over for real. I love it that you had hot fudge sundaes in the middle of the day.

Kristi Brooke said...

Merry Pink Christmas!

michelle said...

I love the photos, so classic. It just looks like what Christmas should be, what an idyllic childhood memory!

Kristi Brooke said...

Happy New Year!