Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Get Out of Jail Free Card...

Gilded mini pumpkins with painted stems...inspiration by Martha

...That's what my husband gave me this morning. Not that I feel imprisoned as the caretaker of my children, but...well ya'll understand. We turned in early last night and gathered a whopping 9 hours of sleep because the kids both slept until 7:30. We had breakfast and a morning of crafts and putting up of spooky decorations.


Ghoulish Mantle (or bookcase top, as it were) also inspired by Martha

Craig then took the kids to the park for a few hours while I finished up odds and ends of the too many projects I started. I even had time to make an actual lunch--sort of. The kids are now down for naps and not sleeping. Craig goes in to work in a few minutes which leaves me the rest of the day and all night to get my pink Christmas gift (which isn't pink, actually) completed.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love your decorations, very cute. All I have is 3 sorry little pumpkins in the center of my table. It just doesn't feel right here. I can't believe Halloween is only a couple weeks away and I am wearing shorts. I guess it is like that in Arizona also.

amy w. said...

Soo cute Jordan! Love them! Hee, hee, get out of free jail--yep!

Jenny said...

Your decorations look so cute! I love the new Martha makeover. It really should be by "jordan" anyway. Enjoy the fun creative evening.

Shawna B. said...

Great decorations, Jordan! Can you really ever have too many pumpkins around this time of year? I wish I could come enjoy your "ghoulish mantel" and gilded pumpkins in person! I'll bring the donuts and cocoa!

Jill said...

Your decorations are beautiful, I love seeing the pictures.

Craig sounds like a great husband and father. There's nothing like alone-time at home to really replenish oneself. That's my favorite kind of break.

michelle said...

I love gilded pumpkins. My mom always spray-paints them either bronze or gold or black and puts beautiful ribbons on the stems. Last year she added glitter and I think glitter makes almost anything better!

It's so fun to see your decorations. I haven't even bought any pumpkins yet...

Hooray for Craig and so glad you got some time to yourself!