Monday, October 16, 2006

Cotton Candy and Expensive Excitement


Welcome to the Arizona State Fair!! An event that has been anticipated frequently since we first went last year. Saturday finally came (as did the two for one pass) and we indulged in the most indulgence has to offer--we did abstain from giant turkey legs and discs of fried funnel cakes. But, the rides, the glorious fair rides, we couldn't get enough!


Seth's face showed pure terror as he whipped around on the race cars and zipped down the giant potato sack slide, yet he chanted, "more rides! more rides!" each time. Lucy's fate was being under 36" and mine was the ever present sign restricting me and my belly from participating. So we lived vicariously through the boys, tried the quarter toss, and finally all four of us went flying in little pink elephants and floating on the giant ferris wheel for a view of the fair in all it's splendor:

We drove home talking of next year's fair (secretly hoping it will be Disneyland instead) and how no belly will stop the mommy from riding with the best of 'em!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the new "blog" makeover. Oh, the memories of the good ol' AZ state fair. I used to dance at that EVERY year it started when I was 5 and ended when I was 12. I am sure my parents cringed going every year. But, I looked forward to it and LOVED it. I will give it up to you guys dishing out the money for it.

I know its super expensive, but sometimes worth it so see the excitment on the kids faces. My mom went to Brooks and Dunn last night there. I wish I was in AZ too!

shawna B. said...

Oh, the cotton candy. The glorious cotton candy! That alone is worth the price of admission! Cotton candy always tastes better at the fair.

Glad you had a great time. How could you not?! Disneyland? I say YES, definitely. But it's ngood to know the fair is there as a nice back-up plan. Either way, you will be riding "with the best of them" with no pregnant belly! So much to look forward to!

ingrid said...

Jordan,
The fair looks like a blast! I love seeing my kids enjoy entertainment of that nature.

I know you mentioned Disneyland, which is a bit closer to you than DisneyWorld, but don't forget that you always have a place to stay only a few miles away from Disney here in Florida! I know it super expensive too, but we purchased an annual pass that makes it soooooo worth it for last minute trips and when family and or friends come to visit. Please know you are welcome anytime! I vote summer 2007! We love our favorite Mangums!!!

michelle said...

That is expensive excitement, usually what keeps us from going. But it sure did look fun! Love the cotton candy pic.

ingrid said...

Love the cotton candy pic as well! Have you always had freckles? Mine have come more aggressively after each pregnancy...

Jordan said...

Ingrid--Yes, I've always had freckles since I was little, they faded but came back under the Arizona sunshine! We would totally do Disneyworld, especially with the Roberts!!

Jenny, I'm glad you like my new "look". I really want to do something uniquely me that is creative, but I don't know how!! Do you?

Jenny said...

I could help you with the colors if you want to make the background different....but really thats all I know how. Email me if you need help.

Jill said...

No funnel cakes??! That's so sad, those are the best thing about carnivals in my opinion. I'm glad you guys had fun, and the picture of you with the cotton candy is darling.