Saturday, September 02, 2006
I have nothing in particular and everything miscellaneous to post...
1. First of all, my newest niece has a name!! To see her and her name visit our "family" site at http://www.themangums.blogspot.com/
2. Where's my pacifier? Seth has only asked this twice today (once at naptime--which ended up being playtime--the thing always helped him relax). But he has not thrown any fits or put up any fights. He rode the bike around the house today--mostly because I didn't want to hang out in 107 degree weather.
3. We got another $300 electric bill today. Yikes, these are really killing us financially, I'm dipping into our stock of canned goods that usually sit undisturbed on the shelves. Luckily summer is coming to an end (well, sort of).
4. It is raining and lightening right now...Seth calls it "nightling", I love that. Craig's working in the peds ER tonight and I'm eating fresh baked bread and butter and a can of V8 for dinner and catching the end of Mona Lisa Smiles on TV--and blogging, of course.
5. A quote from my reading: "Self-trust is not an endowment, but is the Second Birth of the mind, which cannot come without years of deep reading." What do you think of this quote? What is "self-trust"? And has anyone achieved it?
6. I just snapped a photo of my new hair. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do it justice and my nose is unusually pointy (is it really like that?) Okay, so the blonde is pretty subtle, but I'm enjoying the change and notice--no mullet!