Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Two Peas in a Pod

Okay, when the chex finally kicked in: Off to the bank, then the park, then snow cones, then the library, then Wendy's for .99 chicken nuggets for L and S to share and kiddie chocolate frosty for mom. Home again. Nap for Lucy. New library movie for Seth. Short nap for Lucy--dad's awake! All in the pool for swimming (on September 25!). Then Dad works on the computer, kids make a mess in the living room, then in the sandbox, mom finishes sanding the rocking chair, makes burritos with all the fixins', including queso fresco--love this cheese. Baths, FHE, books, teeth, bed. Mom and Dad play a game of Catan-the card game, mom wins, Dad goes to take a nap before ER shift, mom blogs. Whew!

I love that Lucy's potato head has all pink appendage thingys and Seth's one ear has two earings.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love Catan, is the card game fun?

ingrid said...

I too love Catan. Where did you find the card game?

Jordan said...

Hi Elizabeth! Just checked out your blog. Darling family, jealous you live in Hawaii, and glad to meet a fellow trader joe's addict! How did you find me?

You only need two players for the Catan card game. Craig found it at a store specializing in games at the mall. Most malls have them I think. It is fun, we just got some expansion cards. We are always looking for some fun two-player games.

Jenny said...

Sounds like a fun filled day! Whew is right!

amy w. said...

All this and VERY pregnant--impressive Miss Jordan!

rebecca s. said...

Jenny mentioned printing her blog off because she had to switch sites. I am going to print mine for posterity too, and I was thinking about your post - I would love to read a similar recap of a regular day in my life as a toddler. It is a difficult time to recall, and it is still nearly impossible for me to imagine my mother tending me as a child in the way that I tend mine. Maybe these journals will give ours some insight!

Also, when you actually write down what you do in a day - whew is right! There will come a time when you wondered how you did it all!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a fun game when you can't get enough together for a good round of settlers. I found your blog through Jenny's which I found through my friend Jessica. My sister comes tomorrow with a suitcase full of trader joe's!

Jordan said...

Me, too, Rebecca! I think these blogs are a great way to record your history, the feedback you get from friends is the extra bonus!

I'm so happy for your upcoming Trader joe's delivery, Elizabeth, ejoy!!

michelle said...

I've never played the Catan card game, sounds intriguing. What a busy day -- how are you handling it all being pregnant?