Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday Morning

Lucy has been sleeping in the office in a pack 'n play or play 'n pack--as my mom calls it--since her room is "fumy" with paint odors. Not to mention covered in plastic and basically inaccessible. We tried to sleep them in the same room last night but they were way to giggly and Lucy wouldn't let Seth sleep, even through his pleadings, "Lucy BE QUIET!" Anyway, Seth and Lucy were hanging out in the office this morning, it is kind of cute, that they like to be together, I like that. Craig is at the store with the kids for juice and other random items we needed to get us through this weekend. Progress is being made, albeit slowly, on the baby's room. I am doing the lower four feet of the walls a darker color.

Question: should I do the ceiling white or the same darker color?

I wanted to pass along a little website of a clothing company a friend has started up it is at www.pronkstyle.com definitely worth a peak, very romantic fabrics and unique.

We went to IKEA for lunch yesterday, a luxury we've come to appreciate, living close to the super duper home store. The kids were tired and Lucy was especially loopy, but it is always nice to get out as a family and just be together. Lucy and Seth even scored a new wooden toy each! Well, conference is about to start. Happy watching!

9 comments:

rebecca s. said...

Jordan! can you believe I have never set foot in an IKEA... they are building one here soon, though! Those meatballs looked yummy.

I am a fan of white ceilings. I am sure it would look great either way, though, especially because the color is only on the bottom half of the room.

I enjoyed pronkstyle.com - she has such a unique take on fabric-pairings. I am craving one of those skirts...

ingrid said...

I love IKEA and I especially love their wooden children's toys. Seth and Lucy are such lucky children!

I too am a fan of white ceilings, but I have a friend that just painted her girl's room with lilac walls and pastel pink ceiling, and it is so adorable. They have white furniture and bedding that compliments the wall and ceiling colors. It really just depends on your taste and the look you are creating for your new little one. You have an incredible knack for decorating, so I would trust your instincts!

Jenny said...

You must be pretty close to my sister because she is literally 10 minutes from there.

Well, if you have my ceilings I would say leave them white (but I have cottage cheese ones) bleh! I say do it an off color of the room. I bet it would look great. Can't wait to see the results.

Tasha said...

That website! Those clothes are so you! I love that skirt and if I had 98$ to support a female start-up srtsy company, I totally would, maybe in a year! I really am in love with that skirt. One of those shirts on you! But the shoes with the toe cleavage! Really, why all the toe cleaveage???

Tasha said...

Ingrid, That color combo your friend did sounds darling! I would leave it white because I am lazy!

Jordan, Also, since you are renting, will you have to paint it over? That would also sway me. I have heard its hard to paint a celing. I am sure what ever you do will look fabulous, you have a midas touch.

Jordan said...

I've decided to do the ceiling white. No, we will not paint it back to the original when we move. They have given us the go ahead on painting. A fresh coat of paint always improves a house, don't you think? Craig has decided to help me (even though he doesn't approve of the project) so we can finish tonight.

Kristi Brooke said...

hey great website, i sent it to my sister in law who actually lives close enough to menlo park to go to the trunk show.

fun to catch up on your blog.

hope you are feeling well.

amy w. said...

Oh yeah, I love those IKEA meatballs! Dip them in a little cranberry sauce--yum! Please post your room when it is done. My vote was white too!

michelle said...

I'm definitely a fan of ceilings painted the same color as the walls. It's what my mom has always done, and as a designer, she is my hero! I do whatever she does whenever possible. I can't wait to see your nursery.

How fortunate that you live by IKEA and can just drop by! They're going to build one here, and I cannot wait...