1. The Zoo. We went with Seth and Lucy's second cousins from Mesa, Armando and Maya (and their mother). We went at 8:30 in the morning to avoid to much of people and perspiration. There were lots of babies to view, besides these two:
We also saw baby Orangutan and baby monkey (on his mother's back):
2. I have had a fruitful beginning to the week as far as good mail goes. Sweet Michelle, whom I have never met send some paper pleasantries--thank you for those--which were accompanied by the Halloween issue of MS Living. Martha always helps me ring in this holiday with her great ideas, and I've got to get started early since the baby is coming only days before October 31st.
Also, Tasha sent me a huge box full of hand-me-downs--though the term doesn't do justice to these darling duds, some of which looks hardly used! Thanks to you, I can't wait to dress up my little Lucy Fae in outfits formally strutted about in by Sophie W., Addie M., and Evie A.!! You are right, Tasha, they are petite ya-yas!
3. Seth and I (while Lucy didn't sleep and craig did) went to the public library to return some books and videos and check out some more. On our way home we shared some curly fries from Arby's. It was nice to hang out with my older, mature son...well, at least nice not to have to heave the double stroller out of the trunk--with the two of them, the only way the library is manageable is if they are strapped into something.
4. Had a doctor's appointment this morning while Lucy didn't sleep and craig didn't either--so I came home to a grumpy house, except for Seth who was unusually pleasant and refreshed after a morning of preschool. Anyhow, the baby's head is down, got a swab for strep B test, gained one pound in two weeks...amazingly uncomfortable, maternity clothes beginning to seem small, somehow, I still have as much housework to do and everyone still needs as much attention. Let the countdown begin!!!
5. Since the only communication my husband and I have these days is when he reads my blog...I love you baby, call me sometime and we'll hang out! You're still our hero, even though we're grumpy and don't nap (namely Lucy) and we're proud and amazed at the work you do, heaven's knows, I would not want to trade places--though my attitude my speak otherwise. I love you, hotcakes.