Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Day After

I don't know how we got so lucky to be the recipient of some of our dear friend Allison Matern's "hand-me-downs". Before we left New Orleans, she set us up with almost all of Seth's two and three year old clothes. Today, we got a surprise package with more clothes for Seth and Lucy, plus some "treats" for me. I showed Craig my good mail and he said, floored, "you really owe these people". It is amazing what a little package in the mail does for a person, thanks Allison!

I also had my 33 week check up at the ob today: 155/bpm in the babes little heart and "everything looks good"--I complain that these appointments seem so pointless sometimes, but it is truly a comfort to just hear those words from the doc. So much has to go right in bringing a child into the world--which means, so much can go wrong. I'm so grateful for a good report. No ultrasound, the one below is generic. Craig and Lucy came with me and while the doctor was putting the doppler on my belly Lucy kept asking, with such a concerned tone, "mommy doing?". It was nice to have them there. Afterwards I picked Seth up from Preschool--he didn't want to leave.


The rest of the day, Craig devoted to catching some shuteye before he hit the ER for the night so the kids and I went over to a friends: the kids played while my good friend Alyssa and I chatted, then she fed us all dinner--yummy burritos! Then home again, baths, and bed. I think made a quick trip to Basha's (our local grocery store) for some beverages to get me through the night. As I was settling into my evening, I sent Craig off to work with a bag of goodies to get him through the night.

So, thanks to friends and something to sip, it's been a good day after labor day!

13 comments:

amy w. said...

Alli is a peach! I will never forget the STASH of darling clothes handed down to Sophie. Glad baby is doing well. I'm with you, love hearing the heart beat and how sweet to hear Lucy's concern. Have a good night!

Sara said...

How lucky are you! That is so great of Allison to send some clothes your way. . .what a friend! And way to go to the friend who made you a yummy dinner. It is so nice to be surrounded by kind and thoughtful people. Hope Craig is surviving his crazy schedule, and I hope you are surviving as well!

Allison M. said...

I am so glad you got the package! It is always so much nicer to share hand-me-downs with friends than the goodwill. I am glad that the baby is doing well. I hope both you and Craig survive the next little while. Good Luck!

Shawna B. said...

Oh, what a great package! Allison is always doing nice things for people, and the clothes she passes on are so cute!

So, let's talk Simply Limeade ... What do you think? Paradise, right? Put a little fresh lime wedge in there ... maybe a little ice ... joy in a glass.

Jordan said...

Pure joy in a glass. I'll partially freeze a glass in the freezer and voila! instant lime slush.

rebecca s. said...

OK Shawna and Jordan - I am sold on the Simply Limeade. I hope my local grocer carries it...
Alli is such a doll - and you a lucky girl!
I couldn't help but think, as I finished reading your post, that you will be having your own private labor day very soon.... yippeee!!!

Jenny said...

What a fabulous package. You can't complain at her hand me downs. We have had a great share of them as well for Luke & Weston. They are great and in such good condition.

Its always a comfort when things are going well with the pregnancy. Hang in there you only have a few more weeks to go!

ingrid said...

Jordan, You are so loved! What a fun surprise and what kind gestures from Allison and your dear sweet friend that made you dinner! I am excited to find out what's going to be added to the Mangum Mix!

Tasha said...

Isn't it fun to see your kiddo in friend's kids clothes? I have a few of Sophies and some of Alli's girls and it makes me feel like our kids are growing up together, even if they aren't.

32 weeks? Jordan, soon you will really be celebrating Labor day!

Shawna had that Limeade and it was sooo good! She's got me hooked!

I don't know why, but I am just taking for granted that this baby is a girl. I can't shake it and I have to say, I am usually right. I bet like 90% of the time. I should get a job with the carnival right next to the "Guess your weight" and "Guess your Age" person. (Sadly, they would probably offer me a job as the bearded lady instead"...

Jill said...

What a great mail day, a little something for you and the kids. That was very nice of Allison.

I'm glad your OB appointment went well. It's frightening to think of how much can go wrong, so you are so right to be so thankful that all is well. What a relief to know that. I don't know how women made it through their pregnancies back before technology like we have.

Jordan said...

Tasha, do you really feel like it is a girl? I've been leaning toward a boy almost the whole time, but every time I refer to the baby I slip and say "her"...who knows!

Tasha said...

Jordan, I really do, I have almost bought you so MANY things! I have really almost taken it for granted. No idea why. If you are leaning boy, and I am leaning girl that either means that one of us is right, or this baby of yours will need to see big Dave for some surgery!

Ok, not funny for the expectant mamma. I recently really thought my friend Brandy was going to have a boy and I was very worried for her because I knew she really wanted a girl, and I was shocked when she called me after the u/s to say girl. I am seriously almost always right. Either way, I can't WAIT! I know its going to mean a lot of changes for you, but I can't wait!

michelle said...

I've never tried the Simply Limeade, but now I'm itching to. Don't you love hand-me-downs? Jill has lent me all of her girl clothes, and it has been such a delight. My husband Marc was marveling at good mail tonight. He says guys just don't do that. Too bad for them!