Saturday, July 22, 2006

Turning Saturday into Gold

It's kind of leafy, but it's BLUE!!!! We are so glad to have our pool back, unfortunately the chlorine level is too high to safely swim in it. It should be ready in the next couple of days. It was 116 degrees yesterday, so not a moment too soon. The kids and I went swimming at a friends apt complex yesterday and the water was almost too warm to be refreshing and the kids were burning their feet on the cement...ahhh!! (Sorry, back to complaining about the heat)

It is 8:30 in the morning now, we've already been up for a few hours. Lucy just went down for a nap and Seth has made his way outside to play with the hose in the sandbox. Saturdays growing up were like gold. A whole day devoted to whatever whim caught your fancy. Now, it is the day when everything is too crowded, Craig is usually working and no one wants to play (because their spouses are not working). Help me turn Saturday into Gold again!!!

7 comments:

amy w. said...

Jordan, I'm not sure gold days are available right now. Just like vacations are not a time for rest and relaxation now that kids are in the picture. I don't think thats forever, but just for now. SO, I think you need to find something to go and do--just to get out of the house. Weekends with husbands working seem ENDLESS. Even if you have to . . . go and let them play indoor at Burger King Playland or Barnes and Noble where they can play with the train table and books. Pick yourself up a few magazines to read while they play. Hang in there Jordan!

Jordan said...

It is so hard sometimes to keep that perspective--that now is not going to be forever. It sometimes seems so. Good suggestions though, I get in a rut of doing the same ol' thing--the mall, IKEA, target, the mall, IKEA, target...I think with the third coming I am realizing that I will be letting go of the little bit of "my life" that I was clutching on to, I don't mind letting go, I just have to do it and not look back.

Jenny said...

I am so glad you have your pool back. It is blazing hot! I am here right now and you definately need a pool to survive!

Jenny said...

Hope the chlorine levels come down soon.

Jordan said...

Jenny, how fun that you are here! We actually went swimming in our pool yesterday evening with some friends. Whew!

TX Girl said...

I know what you mean about missing Saturdays. Although- Adam is still fairly available on Saturdays, so it isn't nearly as bad, but.. in no time I'll be back to the missing daddy on Saturday phase.

I agree with Amy- find something fun. Although 116 degrees is ridiculous and would almost warrant not leaving the house unless it is burning (have you ever heard of a house combusting due to the ridiculous heat?).

I hope your dad turned out a little better.

Tasha said...

Jordan,
Since Evie turned 1 and became a totally different experience to bring around places with me, I decided that I can't affort NOT to hire babysitters. Often. Weekly infact. I figure its the money for the sitter, or the money for the full-time Nanny Dave will have to hire when I am admitted to the Betty Ford Center. I vote for babysitter. When we can a friend and I will get an older girl to watch my one and her two and we will split the sitter (I pay 1/3, she pays 2/3) so each of us still pays less than we would have had we gotten a sitter alone, and the sitter still makes more than she would have watching for one of us. I can totally hear where you are coming from. I think this has been the hardest year in terms of my attitude...