Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sesame Street Sushi


I wish I would have taken my camera to record the beautiful sushi rolls we ate tonight! (instead of this one I found on the web)Not to mention scrumptious edamame and Lobster spring rolls (and my IBC root beer). It was great. I was craving it all day so I lined up a babysitter and as soon as the kids were in bed we went out for some rolls. I actually got the idea from Seth's elmo video about food. Some little Japanese girl was showing Dorothy the gold fish how to eat sushi. I just couldn't get it out of my head after that. I love going out to eat. We fill up the time with conversation about our future residence mostly. The best part about tonight was the lightening show in the sky on the way home and now the rain coming down outside. Rain...here...is SO welcome and brings out all the desert smells.

We spent the morning at this great miniature water park for kids. They have fountains and slides and waterfalls, etc. I again forgot the camera. The kids had a blast but I just about sweat off all my pregnancy weight (okay, not really). After lunch and naps we jumped in the pool and that's where Craig found us when he got home from the burn unit. It was a good day. I even had a nap myself.

7 comments:

TX Girl said...

ahh I love sushi. Unfortunately we cannot find a reasonable place to eat the stuff here in the Big D. I miss Ninja in NOLA. We loved that place. We used to go fairly regularly with one of the doctors I worked for.. he would always say he could tell when he needed a little sushi or he would joke that he needed to replenish his titers.. whatever that means (I guess I missed the joke). I loved Ninjas it was so cheap. We could easily eat for $30.00 and would be busting at the seams.

It sounds like you had an excellent day.

Jordan said...

We miss sushi in NOLA, too! While I was working at Tulane, every pay check we would go to Rock 'N Sake after work (this was pre-children) and pre-budget!

Shawna B. said...

We love Japanese food here in Borg town as well! For Tyler's b.day last week we went to a great new Japanese restaurant and had the best dinner (I love it when they cook right at your table - our chef was amazing - very entertaining!). I am not a sushi fan (it's beautiful food to look at though), but like most everything else. Great, now I'm hungry!

I am like you -if I get an idea during the day of something I would like to eat, rest assured, it will be consumed!

We had rain today, too. The boys' were sad because tennis lessons were cancelled, but I was happy to be tucked away in our little home, all cozy and comfy. I could live happily in Seattle ...

Allison M. said...

I have to admit I am not a sushi lover, but Richard loves it. Rock 'N Sake was his favorite! I guess they have a Hawaii-five-O roll that he can't find anywhere else. I told him yesterday that you posted about Rock 'N Sake and his mouth was watering.

Tasha said...

I am so jealous! I miss Rock-n-sake so much! A friend of mine came to visit about 18 months ago and she had my favorite waiter write me a birthday note on one of their napkins... I miss the "Rock-n-roll" from there the most. Can't find it replicated perfectly anywhere. I remember going there with you & craig one payday in fact! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»