Monday, July 17, 2006

Dirty Diversions

I love this picture of Lucy. I can't believe how dirty my kids get by the end of the day. Their grandpa built them a sandbox right next to the back patio under the deck stairs. I can send them out there with the hose and sprinkler on and they are entertained for hours. But the poor patio suffers tremendously. By the end of the week I am practically shoveling sand back into the sandbox. I have tried to enforce a "sand-stays-in-the-sandbox-rule", but I am ignored. I think this new reaction (ignoring mom) comes with the age of three. I've since given up on the above rule and am simply grateful to diminish the boredom from my children's lives for a few moments. The heat has us housebound (but our pool is blue again and almost swimmable). So everyone come over!! BBQ and swim party at the Mangums, just bring your sunscreen because the sun is extra close to the earth where we live!
Notice Lucy's onesie flap hanging out of her shorts! Love it!

8 comments:

Shawna B. said...

Lucky kids to have a sandbox and a patient mom! I can just see you shoveling the sand back into box! Don't blame you for letting "the sand stays in the box" rule go by the wayside. How many times do I give up on little rules I meant to enforce, simply so my lads can have some entertainment (and I, a little peace and quiet)!


The BBQ sounds great! I'll bring cookies, Salad de Maison, and limeade ...

rebecca s. said...

Be careful what you wish for... you could have 4 "swindlers" hanging out poolside begging for some of your dearly missed galangal (SP?) soup, homemade chocolate cake, sushi... the list could go on and on for all of the culinary reasons we miss you. (Which don't, by the way, compare to the many other ways we miss you.)

We gave up sandbox rules, too, and though friends don't like taking their kids home from our house covered in mud, we have had the greatest spring!

rebecca s. said...

nice title, as usual!

Jordan said...

I would cook anything your heart desires to have the Swindles over for a visit!

Tasha said...

Oh! I'll be there, what can I bring? Maybe we'll all come in September? Its might hot there now? Then again, a visit with you would be worth standing that close to the surface of the sun. Great idea to have the sandbox under the shade of the stairs though, then they can play and you don't have to worry as much about them getting totally fried!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»