Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Beads, glorious beads

This post is specifically for my sister and my mom, and generally for anyone else who cares. The best part about this hobby is picking out the beads. It is a feast for the eyes to browse in a bead shop. It's like it was meant to be for me, we have had a bead shop right by our house in both places we've lived. And it is so easy to do!


These are some kind of ceramic bead accented with small swirled sterling bead and the large one (I wish you could see it close up) is an india silver bead.


This is all sterling, square and circular beads accented with a silver folded box, so fun!


I got these resin beads off a necklace Craig brought home to me after his grandmother died. They made a fine little bracelet.


The black, flat, circular beads are some kind of wood or died bone, but I love how they are uneven when strung. The accent bead is died green torquoise!


On the bracelet, the big beads are recycled glass. The necklace has semi-precious stones, both the small discs and the whitish round beads. It is accented with a sterling and silver bead and a little red coral bead at the clasp.

Hopefully there will be more to come, if I can scrape up some more bead money!

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Those are really cool. If you look at my blog under Emily or Jessica. There aunt sells these I think for a living and has some pretty cool ones. I must say I am impressed! I don't have the patience to string those things!

amy w. said...

Hey Jordan! What a beautiful job you do! They are gorgeous! A hobby you can wear--I love it!

SHawna B. said...

Jordan! They are gorgeous! I love them all! You have such a good eye for making things that are beautiful. I want to come create with you!

Jordan said...

We'll have to add beading to our art/yoga/writing retreat...hmmm, can't wait.

Shawna B. said...

Absolutely! Are we leaving for our retreat tomorrow, because I wold like it very much if we were leaving tomorrow.

rebecca s. said...

I want to place an order! I am so glad you are pursuing these!

Shawna B. said...

QUESTION (I love how Dwight Schrute uses this word constantly!) Anyway, QUESTION, are your bead creations for sale?

Jordan said...

Shawna, that is a good question and I've asked myself the same...I haven't decided yet, I like to wear them to much to sell so far...I may have to start though to keep up the beading habit I've adopted.

Tasha said...

Those are gorgeous! Add beading to the list, absolutely! There isn't anywhere to buy beads here...so sad!
Tasha

Shawna B. said...

I should stop responding about the beads, I suppose, but I like looking at them and I think it's clever and creative how you used a different background for each picture. I think the fuzzy carpet is especially good behind the red bracelet and I love the bricks behind the black necklace.

That's all.

Jordan said...

Shawna, I can always depend on you to notice the details that I feel sometimes elude the majority! Thanks, I love reading your comments, please don't hold back. I'm entering the beads into a holiday show in Utah at GalleryOneTen. I'm hoping I'll get some buyers...

Shawna B. said...

Hooray! Good for you, Jordan! Of course you'll get some buyers -just look at your stuff! GOOD LUCK!

Chanel said...

Hi Jordan,
I just saw these necklaces- I love them! Add me to the list that want to buy one. When you finally decide to part with your work, let me know.

Jordan said...

Chanel! So good to "hear" from you.