Tuesday, July 11, 2006

6 months and 8 pounds!


I went to the doctor yesterday. Everything is growing nicely with the baby and as it turns out, a little TOO nicely with me! I gained 8 pounds in four weeks! My OB wasn't alarmed but warned me not to keep up the trend every month. I tried justifying myself with complaints of vacationing, being sick, etc. etc. The truth is, I am just hungry all the time! Even Craig, the most non-critical-of-me person has mentioned the all too frequent late night snacking. Hmmm, any ideas on how to curb the appetite during pregnancy? That is not false advertising, there truly is comfort in every bar.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Okay really how much have you gained thus far?? If you don't mind me askin because the pictures you just posted--you look great. Unlike me who just gets to looking like a short troll! I think I gained 10 in a month once!

Tasha said...

I am so embarrased to admit this, but I started eating an alarming number of hohos when I was pregnant. Ho Ho's! Yuck. I had a horrible day a couple weeks ago at work and I went to get one on the way home, I took one bite and spit it out, its not even food.

At least you are eating something good!

Jenny said...

I used to eat peanut butter toast and lots and lots of icecream. Funny now I really don't like icecream all that much.

Jordan said...

They say...whoever THEY are (another blog topic for another day) that you should gain between 25-30 pounds in your pregnancy...ahem, I've gained 20 already! With 16 weeks left to go!!!!

Jenny said...

Ahh thats nothin' I gained 45-50 with ALL of mine. Thats right I packed it on. I loaded up on those candybars, and anything sweet!

TX Girl said...

I was lucky- chocolate was completely revolting during my pregnancy. Now Apple Jolly Ranchers were the ticket for me. Good Luck. I don't envy you.

Shawna B. said...

For me, it was Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream and lemon sorbet and a whole lot of lbs gained at each doctor's appointment! I even exercised when I was pregnant, but clearly not enough to combat all the sweets I was consuming! It seems that food in all its wonderful forms just tastes better when I'm pregnant!

You look great, Jordan! And if it makes you happy, eat those Milky Ways. I say if there's comfort in every bar - and I believe there is - you really should be eating them - comfort is a good thing.